cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally synced everything in my Hard Drive into Dropbox during installation

Accidentally synced everything in my Hard Drive into Dropbox during installation

Cendrillon
Explorer | Level 3

Hi.  I just signed up for Dropbox today.  I am going to be creating some GIS documents, and I wanted a good way to store them and back them up.  During the installation process, I accidentally synced everything in my Hard Drive into Dropbox.  Now, my account says my Dropbox is full.  I did not intend to do that.  I wanted an empty Dropbox so I could fill it with future GIS projects that I am going to be working on.  How do I fix this without deleting everything on my Hard Drive?  (Just in case it helps, the device I am working on is a Windows 10.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Accidentally synced everything in my Hard Drive into Dropbox during installation

Rich
Super User II

@Cendrillon wrote:

You have the computer backup feature enabled.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Re: Accidentally synced everything in my Hard Drive into Dropbox during installation

Rich
Super User II

@Cendrillon wrote:

You have the computer backup feature enabled.

View solution in original post

Cendrillon
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Rich!

Thank you so much for the link!  I followed the instructions under the "Turn Off Computer Backup" section, and it worked!  Now all those annoying green checkmarks and red Xs are off of the documents on my desktop.  Just one question:  When I go to the All Files section of my account, I see three things:  1) a blue folder labeled My PC, 2) Get Started with Dropbox Paper.url, and 3) Get Started with Dropbox.pdf.  Why is My PC still under All Files?

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?