cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Re: Compatibilidade de Sincronização de Desktop Apple Silicon (M1)

Nancy
Dropboxer
Hi @paulinhobrizola, hope it’s alright to jump in here. 

Can you please toggle the setting for the early releases to off and then back on? 

After that, try to install the app via our offline installer instead. 

Let me know if there’s any difference!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Compatibilidade de Sincronização de Desktop Apple Silicon (M1)

paulinhobrizola
New member | Level 2

It worked out. Now working with Apple M1. Thanks for the quick turnaround! 🙂

Re: Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

mbierman16
New member | Level 2

Has anyone been able to download the beta for M1 native? I did everything listed to get access. Access was promised within 24 hours of setting preferences to include betas. I have not received a link nor do I see anything when I login via the web that would let me download the beta version for M1. Has anyone successfully downloaded it, and if so, where's the link to the download?

strutton
Helpful | Level 5

Is anyone seeing any memory "improvements" with the native M1 version? On my system DB still seems to a be a memory hog using over 750MB of RAM collectively. 

mcarpentier
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

I'm running it now since it came out, so that's about a week. Works fine, no glitch whatsoever. 

Best regards --Mike

mbierman16
New member | Level 2

The offline installer worked great - thanks to whoever posted that!

chetman
Helpful | Level 6

Sweet lord, I was going to complain about the half gig the existing client uses. In fact, I still am -- I'm definitely looking for other services at this point b/c Dropbox has become really, really bloated. Plus, I also jut got a mail from Dropbox saying Dropbox isn't going to work correctly with the upcoming MacOS 12.3 release. That's absurd, given the lead time Apple provides on these things -- but, of course, it's also not surprising given how Dropbox put updating their Mac client for M1 so far on the back burner.

Nate_C
Super User

The beta build has been working great on my M1 Pro! Super excited to finally have native ARM support.

jmb275
Explorer | Level 3

Did I miss somewhere that SmartSync will not work in the betas? Mine certainly doesn't work and I've not been able to see way to fix it.

I am pretty disappointed that we're two generations into Apple Silicon and Dropbox still doesn't have something that is reliable and working.

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

Certainly works here. I have hundreds of GB as online-only

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jlaguna Experienced Collaborator | Level 12
    snmorbe Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?