cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for Salesforce DropboxController

Documentation for Salesforce DropboxController

CTG
Helpful | Level 6

Has anyone come across documentation for the Dropbox for Salesforce managed package? I tried opening a support ticket but didn't get a response so trying here.

I see a class that came with the package called DropboxController and it seems to have a number of global methods which might solve my need, but I can't find any documentation on it. For example, I see that the this is a method signature:

static Dropbox_for_SF.DropboxController.Item commitUpload(String root, String uploadId, String dstPath, String filename)

but I have tried a bunch of different variations for "root" (assuming the root folder name? with or without slashes?), "uploadId" (assuming id of a Salesforce record to upload the contents to Dropbox? ContentVersion? Attachment? another object?), "dstPath" (assuming destination path? again is this with or without slashes?), "filename" (assuming the name of the file? with or without extension?)

I would like to take the contents of a Salesforce file and create a file in Dropbox automatically. Effectively uploading a file to Dropbox in Apex from an existing file in Salesforce. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Documentation for Salesforce DropboxController

CTG
Helpful | Level 6

Following up here, I did eventually get a response from support that by design they don't have documentation available for this as this is not intended to be called outside of the managed package. So we need to directly callout to the API.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @CTG; welcome to the Dropbox Community and sorry for the late reply.

I'm not sure if this is what you were referring to, but Dropbox does not automatically create a record folder when a new object record is created in Salesforce. To create the record in Dropbox, you first need to add a file to the Dropbox for Salesforce integration.

If you want a particular subfolder structure to be generated for each new record you can user a folder template. Check out our Help Center for detailed instructions:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/salesforce-admin#record

If this isn't the case though, please let me know the following information so we can troubleshoot further if needed: 

• Are you running Salesforce Unlimited, Performance Enterprise, Professional, or Group?

• Which design experience of Salesforce are you using? (Classic or Lightning design)

• Is the issue with standard objects, custom objects or both? Could you also list some example objects, please?

• Have you previously connected your Dropbox account to Salesforce successfully?

• What steps do you take to get this error? Please be as specific as possible.

• Is Dropbox for Salesforce failing for specific users or all users?

• Finally, can you please send a screenshot of any error messages you might be getting? 

Thanks a bunch!

PS: If you could let me know your ticket's ID (an 8 digit number), I'd be able to look into it further for you. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CTG
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Walter , thanks for your reply.

My question was more about this specific Apex class and what the global methods do. Specifically I want to know if any of these methods can be used to create a file in Dropbox (seems like commitUpload() might do the trick).

DropboxController Apex Class.png

My ticket ID is 10878180. Thanks!

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @CTG.

I won't be able to help much with this, but I found your ticket on our system and passed your comments there so we can have all the relevant information under the same place. 

You should be hearing from our team soon, but please let me know if you have any more questions in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CTG
Helpful | Level 6

Following up here, I did eventually get a response from support that by design they don't have documentation available for this as this is not intended to be called outside of the managed package. So we need to directly callout to the API.

View solution in original post

w_l
Explorer | Level 4

Hey @CTG, I'm in the same boat as you and I suspect I'll also have to do a callout to the API. Were you able to get it working as a named credential? Or is it easier to just do a regular HttpRequest()

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?