cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Diagnostics

Dropbox Diagnostics

Uscusc
Explorer | Level 3

I installed Dropbox on a Linux server and I want to check if a Dropbox upload took place on a specific date?

9 Replies 9

Re: Dropbox Diagnostics

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Uscusc, thanks for messaging the Community!

You can check if a file was added to your account by checking the events page on the Dropbox site.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Uscusc
Explorer | Level 3

Good Morning,

thx for your answer, I mispronounced myself, I meant, where can see if Dropbox has been upgraded on a certain date?

Jay
Dropboxer
Are you talking about the Dropbox app itself, or the Dropbox paid subscription?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Uscusc
Explorer | Level 3

I'm talking about the Dropbox App, that I have installed on a Linux server. I want to find out if on a certain date Dropbox made an Upgrade to a new version. (I want to see everything what Dropbox made on that date, what was going on in the software, everything)

Jay
Dropboxer
There isn't an option in the app to see when the latest version of the app was installed.  You might be able to see this in the Linux OS itself to see if there were any changes.

You can see when the newest version appears on the Dropbox site, so it should be around this time when the app automatically updates.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Uscusc
Explorer | Level 3

Okey, could you at least tell me when the latest versions was released to upgrade? I am particularly interested in the date 22/03/2021?

Jay
Dropboxer
If you were running the beta build 119.3.1746, then the latest version would have updated ‎19-03-2021, and the stable build 118.4.460 on 17-03-2021.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Uscusc
Explorer | Level 3

Actually I have the v119.4.1772, was it upgraded from the v119.3.1746 on these date 19-03-2021.

Also, can you help me with how to find in the Linux OS if Dropbox was upgraded?

Jay
Dropboxer
You can check the latest client builds on this page, to see when the newest version appears.

Regarding Linux, there might be kind of log showing when any updates were made to apps or programs, however, this isn't something I can assist with since Linux isn't a Dropbox product.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?