cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been running Dropbox on Server2012 successfully, mine just stopped syncing after 2+ years

Has anyone been running Dropbox on Server2012 successfully, mine just stopped syncing after 2+ years

JimdelaFuente
New member | Level 2

Hello, I applied a few Windows updates on 9/17 and that's the last date that my Win Server2012 was able to sync with DB Teams/Business.  I fell-back on a couple of the 9/17 updates but that did not help.  Does anyone have the instructions on how to install DB as a Service on a windows server.  Perhaps a re-install will do the trick.  THX, any advise is appreciated.  

PS.  We run Dropbox.exe as a Windows Service job, not using the client program.  We also run "AlwaysUP" to ensure that the Windows Service job stays up.  

5 Replies 5

Re: Has anyone been running Dropbox on Server2012 successfully, mine just stopped syncing after 2+ y

Berekat
Helpful | Level 5

I have a similar problem and no solution yet

Re: Has anyone been running Dropbox on Server2012 successfully, mine just stopped syncing after 2+ y

JimdelaFuente
New member | Level 2

I noticed that (4) files within the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\ have date modified values of 9/18/2019.  I reported that to Dropbox Support, perhaps a new version was pushed out on 9/18?

cakebug
Explorer | Level 4

I run dropbox on Windows Server 2008 R2.  DB stopped working around the same time for me too.  It seems to be related to the 81.4.195.0 update.  Check your Event Logs.  I bet you'll see a BEX error every time DB tries to start.

Rich
Super User II

Keep in mind that Dropbox does not support server-based operating systems. The Dropbox application stopped working on earlier versions of Windows Server long ago, and Dropbox Support would not provide assistance. The app is simply not meant to run on Server or as a service, and server-based operating systems are not listed on the list of requirements to run Dropbox.

Berekat
Helpful | Level 5

However, this worked for several years and was very convenient. Usually newer versions offer more convenience for users. Why did such a problem appear from version 81.4.195? Was this done on purpose? What for?

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?