cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot attach dropbox docs into emails on tye iphone

I cannot attach dropbox docs into emails on tye iphone

Mben
Explorer | Level 4

Hello since a week or so ago, I cannot attach dropbox files into emails anymore on my iphone. I can see this has happened before in 2018 but not to me. Maybe this is a trick from apple to force users to migrate to the iphone cloud solution. It reminds me when all of sudden i saw with a windows “update” the microsoft cloud button appear just next to my dropbox one. Microsoft had just copied pasted the dropbox product. I will stick with my premium dropbox out of loyalty but this problem needs to be fixed as it is business critical for me. This is an important benefit of your offering (access from iphone email) that would be lost to me and I am sure to many other clients.
So to summarise the technical issue... when i write an email (from ois platform but not necessarily from my google of hotmail accounts ie also when i use my personal email server), I cannot attach a file from dropbox anymore. Dropbox does not appear on the list of sources from which files can be loaded. Thanks for your help on this matter.

A happy but temporarily frustrated user.

3 Replies 3

Re: I cannot attach dropbox docs into emails on tye iphone

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @Mben, thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Can you please let me know if you've enabled Dropbox as a location in your Files app?

If you did and still bump into this hiccup, please send us a screenshot of the last screen you can get to and clarify your device's OS version and the version of our mobile app used on your devices too.

Thanks a bunch!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mben
Explorer | Level 4
Hello. Thanks for your reponse. How can I send you a picture of what appears on the file menu? Dropbox is not listed (anymore).
I am using ios 14.4.2. Only icloud now appears as a cloud solution to attach files to an enail

I have checked the privacy menu and saw no trace of being able to toggle on/off from dropbox either.

Thanks again

Walter
Dropboxer
You can include a screenshot in your reply through the relevant option (in your reply's box) @Mben.

Alternatively, you could share a link to it instead. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?