cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I must reinstall Dropbox every morning.

I must reinstall Dropbox every morning.

Molbech
Helpful | Level 6
Every morning I must restart Dropbox on my computer. On my phone and tab, there are no problems. On the buttom line of the computer the Dropbox icon is visible now, but until I restart Dropbox in the morning there is no Dropbox icon. What can I do to keep the program?
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: I must reinstall Dropbox every morning.

fischgeek
Super User
Can you verify for me that Dropbox is installed in your programs folder?

Should be in "c:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox"

If that exists, does the actual executable exist "c:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe"

If so, reboot and if Dropbox doesn't run automatically, try forcing it to run by double-clicking that exe file mention above.

If that works, let's make a shortcut of that exe file and place it in your "Startup" folder. Which I can help you with if the previous steps worked. Let me know!

View solution in original post

Molbech
Helpful | Level 6

As I wrote: It works.

Now I have looked at my startup file and there was a dropbox file. But it was deactivated! Now I have activated the file, and dropbox runs perfect. 

Thank you very much.

fischgeek
Super User
Awesome! Good to hear you were able to get it working!

8 Replies 8

fischgeek
Super User

Perhaps I'm confused on your issue. Are you saying you have to go through the install process everytime you reboot/morning? Or, is it just the Dropbox application isn't running automactically?

Couple questions I have for you to better help you:

What version of Windows are you using?

Also, once you have Dropbox running and you see the icon in your task tray (lower bar like you indicated).

-Right click the icon

-Click the Settings gear in the upper right of the menu

-Select Preferences from that list

--On the General screen, there should be a check in the "Start Dropbox on system startup" checkbox

Can you check those things and get back to us?

Molbech
Helpful | Level 6

I must reinstall Dropbox every morning. (Dropbox Community Subscription Update)

Yes, I'm going through the install process everytime I reboot/morning (DropboxInstaller).
My Windows version is 10.
I have done what you said, and there already was a check in the "Start Dropbox on system startup" checkbox.
I hope you have other ideas.

fischgeek
Super User
Can you verify for me that Dropbox is installed in your programs folder?

Should be in "c:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox"

If that exists, does the actual executable exist "c:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe"

If so, reboot and if Dropbox doesn't run automatically, try forcing it to run by double-clicking that exe file mention above.

If that works, let's make a shortcut of that exe file and place it in your "Startup" folder. Which I can help you with if the previous steps worked. Let me know!

Mark
Super User II
Fischgeek - have you thought about https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Super-User-Overview/bd-p/SuperUserOverview ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Molbech
Helpful | Level 6

Haleluja - it works. 

Molbech
Helpful | Level 6

As I wrote: It works.

Now I have looked at my startup file and there was a dropbox file. But it was deactivated! Now I have activated the file, and dropbox runs perfect. 

Thank you very much.

fischgeek
Super User
Awesome! Good to hear you were able to get it working!

fischgeek
Super User
Thanks, Mark. I looked at your link and noticed that you have to be an active member for at least four months. Sadly, I've only been active for a week. But, I'm flattered that you would consider me.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

fischgeek Super User
    Molbech Helpful | Level 6
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?