cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This computer isn't linked to an account

This computer isn't linked to an account

Mark K.20
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am using a Mac and recently noticed that my dropbox is no longer connected. I have click on Account and [Unlink This Dropbox] is greyed out so it appears to be linked therefore I can't sign in again? I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but same issue.

12 Replies 12

subhro
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks! It worked for me as well after wasting much time trying to figure out why sync was stuck and network not connected while the account name was greyed out.

ivelin117
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Proxy settings is what caused trouble for me as well. The defaul Auto-detect stopped working. After switching to No Proxy, Dropbox linked the account automatically and synced.

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tim D.9 New member | Level 1
    Tom_H Super User alumni
    David G.52 New member | Level 1
    Ryan N. New member | Level 1
    Lara1 Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?