cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access shared folder via desktop app

Unable to access shared folder via desktop app

Lida
New member | Level 2

I'm wondering if anyone has any clue about the following.

I've created a new folder, does not belong to a parent folder or is in any other shared space. When I share the folder (I have tried all the different sharing options) the people I am sharing the folder with (Use PC), can not access the folder through their desktop app but do have access via the web. It is integral for our work that they have acess to the relevant folders via the desktop app. Users with a mac do not have any problem accesing the folder via dektop app or web however PC users are affected. 

Anyone have any idea what I can do ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to access shared folder via desktop app

Walter
Dropboxer

Thank you for your prompt response as well @Lida - most appreciated.

Have you tried our check up tool yet as my previous suggestion? Could you maybe rename the folder to something simple and let me know if they see it now? 

Let me know and we'll take it from there. If this persists, I'll reach out to the email address you use for your Forum's profile so we can look into it together. 

Thanks again!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Lida - that sounds weird indeed. 

Would you mind if I reached out to you via email to the address you use for your Forum's profile so we can work on this internally? This way I will have access to all of my tools and will probably be able to pinpoint where the issue lies in a timely fashion.

Another thing you could do is have them log a ticket with our team as this seems to be affecting them and not you in any way ( from what I understand so far that is). 

Let me know and we'll take it from there Lida. Also, feel free to add any other information you think might help with our investigation. 

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Lida - Walt here again :grimacing:

I forgot to mention that this might be caused due to an incompatibility issue too. Could this be it?

You can use this tool to find any problematic files in your account while you can see the full list of the characters (letters, symbols, or numbers) that may be incompatible with the operating system on their Windows computers in this Help Center article.

Let me know what you find please! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Lida
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter

Thanks for such a quick response!

@Walter wrote:

Hey there @Lida - that sounds weird indeed. 

Would you mind if I reached out to you via email to the address you use for your Forum's profile so we can work on this internally? This way I will have access to all of my tools and will probably be able to pinpoint where the issue lies in a timely fashion.
- Can you see the email linked to my account? If so feel free to contact me on their.

Another thing you could do is have them log a ticket with our team as this seems to be affecting them and not you in any way ( from what I understand so far that is). 
- They are super busy and doing us a huge favour, therefore I've volunteered to try and resolve the issue on their behalf, do you think this is possible?

Let me know and we'll take it from there Lida. Also, feel free to add any other information you think might help with our investigation. 

- In reponse to your second comment below - I don't think they have any compatibilty issues as I use the same version of Windows as they do and my Dropbox works fine.

Thank you!!

Walter
Dropboxer

Have you tried our check up tool yet as my previous suggestion? Could you maybe rename the folder to something simple and let me know if they see it now? 

Let me know and we'll take it from there. If this persists, I'll reach out to the email address you use for your Forum's profile so we can look into it together. 

Thanks again!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Lida
New member | Level 2

@Walter wrote:

- apologies forgot to mention, I will send them the tool checker now & will upate once they respond.  thank you!

Thanks again!

Walter
Dropboxer

Thank you for your swift replies @Lida - I appreciate it. Did you get the chance to go through my suggestions? Has your issue been resolved (I am only asking since I saw you accepted my answer as the best one here) ?

Let me know and we'll take it from there if needed. In the meantime, have a great day ahead Lida! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Lida New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?