cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

iPhone email attachment

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I can attach document in IPhone email system by selecting Dropbox source, but the icon disappear recently, only iCloud is able to select now, anyone know how to setup to make Dropbox icon appear? Thanks.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: iPhone email attachment

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@CJLiu), assuming that you’ve installed the latest Dropbox app through iTunes (120.2.4), can you also confirm that you’ve updated your  OS to the latest version as well?

If you confirm both, then may Dropbox hasn’t been set as a location in the Files app. Can you please open the Files app on your device and press ‘edit’. Under locations you should see all available locations with Dropbox toggle off. Please switch this on and press 'done'.

After this is done then, please try again. You should see the functionality has been restored.

Hopefully this addresses the temporary issue you’ve faced & please do let me know on this discussion in case you’d like me to clarify any of the above in more detail. Thanks for posting us your question on the Dropbox Forum & I'm wishing you a wonderful rest of your day ahead!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@CJLiu), assuming that you’ve installed the latest Dropbox app through iTunes (120.2.4), can you also confirm that you’ve updated your  OS to the latest version as well?

If you confirm both, then may Dropbox hasn’t been set as a location in the Files app. Can you please open the Files app on your device and press ‘edit’. Under locations you should see all available locations with Dropbox toggle off. Please switch this on and press 'done'.

After this is done then, please try again. You should see the functionality has been restored.

Hopefully this addresses the temporary issue you’ve faced & please do let me know on this discussion in case you’d like me to clarify any of the above in more detail. Thanks for posting us your question on the Dropbox Forum & I'm wishing you a wonderful rest of your day ahead!

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Hey Jane, Thank you for the guide, toggle on the Dropbox icon and solved the issue.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
 Awesome @CJLiu, it was a pleasure discussing that with you (& thanks a lot for looping back to me to let me know that this has now been sorted for you)! Feel free to drop us a line on our Community Wall if you have more thoughts or questions in the future. Happy sharing & take care until we talk again! 

Jane

Highlighted

Apple Mail Issues

Explorer | Level 4
Recently when trying to add an attachment from DropBox to an email on my iPhone X I’m having issues... I can get to the file through the ‘add attachment’ button (when I double tap the email) and then I can get into Dropbox, find the file, but when I tap to select it... nothing. It just doesn’t select it, and it’s not with every file, but most of them, whether they’re downloaded or not... anyone having the same issue? Help!!
Highlighted

Re: Apple Mail Issues

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@Robbyrner), I’ve moved your post here, in order to ping you on my suggestions above (i.e. ensuring that you've installed the latest Dropbox version & you've also installed all OS updates). From there, (& just due to the fact that you can access the file, though you can't get to attach it as expected), it's my understanding that Dropbox has already been set as a location in the Files app. Would you mind toggling it to Off  & then back to On once & see if it does the trick for you this time?

(Note: Please do let me know if I've misunderstood your description & you're experiencing the issue when trying to export the file through the Dropbox app on your iPhone, as the steps are slightly different.)

Please have a look at my pointers your convenience & let me know how my advice works for you whenever you get a chance. Thanks for getting in touch on the Community & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on this discussion! 

Jane

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Thanks Jane, you have it correct with the issue... I did remove and re-add Dropbox from the files app, but there’s no change sadly. Some files will attach and some still won’t, and I’ve tried with a number of different file types, as well as ‘offline’ (as in already downloaded to the Dropbox app) files. I can get to the attachment but when I select it, it just highlights it and then nothing, I get dumped back at the top of the list of files in Dropbox and nothing has been attached... it’s very odd
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
I’ve made a screen recording if that might help you see what’s happening... is there an email address I can send it to?
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I appreciate your speedy reply here @Robbyrner! As you’ve mentioned that it only affects certain files, let me have a closer look on your account details through our Official Support channel. So as to look into the matter having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email on my end. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Thanks for reaching out on our Community & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?