cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting to be linked to a dropbox account

waiting to be linked to a dropbox account

Stephen M.35
Explorer | Level 3

This is simply a hail mary pass as dropbox for business tehnical support is totally useless.  they cannot help and have escalated to next tier on a priority basis and i've waited all day without any assistance.  db will not open on my pc.  i keep getting the "waiting to be linked to a dropbox account" message.  i've deleted db and all associated registry edits and it still happens.  i cannot even figure out how db knows to enter my user name and password on reboot if i've deleted everything but it does and still does not open.  i see this has been a problem on this message board before and gone without fixing.  this is my last shot before i convert my company to sharefile.

[Edited by Dropboxer @Zed]

8 Replies 8

Re: waiting to be linked to a dropbox account

Zed
Dropboxer

Hello @Stephen M.35,

I understand that this must be frustrating and I'd really like to help. Could you please provide me with your support ticket numbers so I can look this up and check what's happening? 

Thank you!

PS: Please avoid using uppercase letters in your posts as it is considered shouting and could lead to a ban. I've edited your posts to avoid this.

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Stephen M.35
Explorer | Level 3

TICKET #5822146.  I just received my first reply in 24 hours from the assigned tech.  What he suggested didn't work so I  remain stuck.  Let's see how long he takes to reply to my reply.

Zed
Dropboxer

Hello @Stephen M.35,

I checked on the case and notified the agent working with you on this. I also passed on your comments from here to the ticket and set this case on High priority. They'll be back as soon as possible.

Your patience is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Zed

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Stephen M.35
Explorer | Level 3

Zed, I appreciate your efforts.  Please understand that I've been told the exact same thing by 4 other DB support techs and the ticket reflected HIGH priority.  This HIGH priority resulted in a 24 hour response? I operate a business and pay DB for business services and it's associated support which appears almost non-exsistence.  DB needs to improve on its' tech support for businesses or business such as mine will vote with out feet moving our business to one of the other file sharing platforms.  This interuption is a MAJOR problem as the PC that is experiencing the issue is our main system that hosts our databases.  I replied to Frank almost 1 hour ago and still no reply follow up from him in this very urgent matter.

Zed
Dropboxer

Hey @Stephen M.35,

I completely understand and I will make sure to pass on your feedback and comments to the appropriate department.

We work as diligently as possible and I will do everything that I can on my end to help on this and receive a response soon.

Thank you.

Zed

Stephen M.35
Explorer | Level 3

FYI, still no reply almost 4 hours half a business day has expired.  Simply unacceptable levels of service.

Stephen M.35
Explorer | Level 3

Zed, another day has come and gone without any resolution or even a follow up from the HIGH priorty techinican.  I would highly recommend any business owner consider any other file sharing application unless they want to experience the pain we are currently forced to deal with because of Dropbox's exceptionally poor tech support.  Reading other reviews including a 1 star rating with the BBB should stear anyone away from Dropbox.

Zed
Dropboxer

Hi @Stephen M.35, I wantetd to follow up on this with you. Is your issue resolved? Is there anything else we can help with?

Thank you!

Zed

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Zed Dropboxer
    Stephen M.35 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?