cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hire; Dropbox not showing Office Files

New Hire; Dropbox not showing Office Files

New member | Level 2
I have a new hire. We use dropbox as our server. We run IMAC. I am having issues with new hire / team member being able to see, open and download to folders from dropbox from sidebar.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Hire; Dropbox not showing Office Files

Super User II
Each folder structure should be shared that you want sharing.

Once that happens it will download to her machine (when logged in via her - not you, if you have logged on as you you'll need to unlink it and delete the files and data on the machine before relinking her) and then auto upload and download changes as before.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Super User II
Why?

What happens here?

We really need more info. Remember please we cannot see what you can see.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

Sorry I will give more info.

I have a business account with Dropbox. I have two licenses currently in use. In my office (small law office) we have two Imacs, that previously, when my paralegal, who is not longer employed, had access to, could download, and manage files from the sidebar of her computer. I also had access and could do all of the above to files. Now, with new paralegal, she ahs been added as team member. Her account is active. I have deleted my former paralegal account / license and did file transfer. However, a very small portion was forwarded to new paralegal account. Thus she does not have access to all file folders, etc.....

Now, I may have downloaded and opened the dropbox with my username / password on her computer. Possibly, and that is why she had access.

Bascially, need to know how to have new member have access to all files.

Thanks

Super User II
Did you remember to give access to the files via either a share (www.dropbox.com/share) or a Team folder to the new member? They wont just automatically inherit them.

- - -

New member | Level 2

Thus, each file and folder must be sharded individually? Will our accounts be synced, meaning, when she changes a file (i.e. downloads PDF dcoument into folder) it will appear in folder when I open?

Thanks for the help.

Super User II
Each folder structure should be shared that you want sharing.

Once that happens it will download to her machine (when logged in via her - not you, if you have logged on as you you'll need to unlink it and delete the files and data on the machine before relinking her) and then auto upload and download changes as before.

- - -

View solution in original post

Dropboxer

Hey corbangunn

Thanks for reaching out regarding your account's setup! 

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT .

Thank you in advance, please feel free to get back in touch in the future if you have more questions or need additional help!

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?