cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync Online Only For Team

Smart Sync Online Only For Team

Curtis_Perrin
Explorer | Level 3

Please make this feature into two buttons. I don't want Dropbox making files I don't use often online only and I don't want files uploaded by my team mates to automatically download to my computer. 

Curtis_Perrin_0-1614189522075.png

3 Replies 3

Re: Smart Sync Online Only For Team

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @Curtis_Perrin, thanks for reaching out to us and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. 

Is there any other feature regarding Smart Sync you'd like to see being implemented differently in the future by any chance?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Curtis_Perrin
Explorer | Level 3

I think in general there could be further clarification around how Smart Sync works with Teams/Businesses as the setting seems to mainly apply to how it operates for an individual.

Further if I understand the functionality correctly the notion is that if a folder is set to sync then any and all future files/folders added to the top level folder will sync. If there was an option for sync one time vs sync in perpetuity. Like download everything currently in this folder but don't download any future files added online, on other devices or by other users. Unless this is how the smart sync setting mentioned above works. It's unclear.

Lusil
Dropboxer
I see, thanks for the additional input on this, @Curtis_Perrin!

If you have any other thoughts in the future, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely day ahead of you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Curtis_Perrin Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?