cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14: Camera Uploads needs access to storage

Android 14: Camera Uploads needs access to storage

James S.5
Helpful | Level 5

Those of you who have this error:

1. In Android Settings, go to Apps. Select Dropbox. 

2. Click "Force Stop".

3. Click "Permissions". 

4. Click on "Photos and Videos". 

5. Select "Don't Allow". 

6. Restart Dropbox. Open Dropbox Settings.

7. Click on Camera Uploads. 

8. Dropbox will ask you for permission again. Select "Allow All". 

9. Done. It's fixed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

This should be fixed with the newest release, and the workaround should no longer necessary. Please update your apps and let us know if the access request persists.

Regards,

Ben

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Graham
Community Manager

Hey @James S.5,

Thanks for taking the time to post this workaround, I'm sure it will help some of your fellow Community members! 

I was wondering if you saw the new Group we have made for Photographers? I think this would be a really good place to share a tip like this as it's a place where people who have a specific interest in this topic are likely to look, and I'm sure some of the Group members would really benefit from this advice.

It would be really great to see this type of workaround posted there!

Thanks again, and hopefully I'll see you ver on the Group soon!

Have a great day,

Graham

GhostPlaysDead
New member | Level 2

Been having this issue since the v14 update for Android. your work around got me going again! Thank you!

Graham
Community Manager

Hey @GhostPlaysDead,

Welcome to the Dropbox Community! Glad to hear you're back up and running, and thanks again to @James S.5 for taking the time to post this workaround. If you have any other tips or tricks relating to photos be sure to visit our photographers group and post them there, or join the group to see how other photography enthusiasts are working with Dropbox.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Graham

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

This should be fixed with the newest release, and the workaround should no longer necessary. Please update your apps and let us know if the access request persists.

Regards,

Ben

Dakkith
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the workaround, James.

Note that it was still necessary for me today. I have the current version (not fixed as of the latest release as suggested last month).

Nasirwahab
New member | Level 2

James S.5
Helpful | Level 5

That's numberwang!

Mr-B
Helpful | Level 6

Still seeing this issue on app v358.2.2 (12-Dec-23) where it keeps asking for storage permissions to enable camera uploads even though it already has Permissions to access Photos and videos. The workaround to remove all perms first etc. works.

NacNac
Helpful | Level 5

I just got a new phone today and it installed dropbox so assuming its the newest version, updated to android 14 and went to set up my dropbox app and still had this problem. galaxy s23 work around fixed the issue.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chris K.46 New member | Level 2
    Odessa1794 New member | Level 2
    Sicole New member | Level 2
    Mr-B Helpful | Level 6
    evabbl Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?