cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Have you tried the Dropbox and Gmail integration?

Have you tried the Dropbox and Gmail integration?

Amy
Community Manager
With the Dropbox for Gmail Chrome extension, you can share your Dropbox files directly through your Gmail account. You can also save attachments from Gmail directly to your Dropbox. 

The extension is free and available through the Google Chrome Web Store. Remember to start working with the Gmail Chrome extension you need to use the Google Chrome web browser.

How do I add Dropbox to my Gmail account?

How to install the Dropbox for Gmail Chrome extension
To enable the Dropbox for Gmail Chrome extension:
  1. Visit the Chrome Web Store. 
  2. Click Add to Chrome

How to share files once you’ve installed the extension: 

To share a Dropbox file using the Dropbox for Gmail Chrome Extension:
  1. From your Gmail account, click Compose.
  2. Click the Dropbox icon at the bottom of the Compose window.
  3. Select the file you'd like to share from your Dropbox in the pop-up window.
  4. Click Insert link.
  5. You'll then see an attachment link in the body of your email.
    • Note: The file will look like an attachment, but it's in fact a shared link. This saves space in your inbox, and ensures others will always see the latest version of a file.

Dropbox and Gmail integrationDropbox and Gmail integration

How will the Dropbox for Gmail Chrome extension improve my working from home experience?

With the Dropbox for Gmail Chrome extension you can share your Dropbox files directly through your Gmail account. You can also save attachments from Gmail directly to your Dropbox, so you can save time every time you want to share a file.

3 Replies 3

bhr55
New member | Level 2

I have, and it's great.  However, the other day it stopped.  Instead I get a message with a google icon that says "www.dropbox.com refused to connect."  All my cookies are ok, there is no firewall.  The extension works fine on my laptop (same settings, also using MacOS BigSur 11).  No one from Dropbox has helped me, though I have been in touch numerous times.  Can the Dropbox community help?

Alex Morias
Helpful | Level 6

I too got the same error message and cannot access Dropbox through my Gmail.

This is very frustrating as I use this integration often in me daily workflow.

I too contacted support and someone got back to me to ask for a screen shot and never heard back.

Please Dropbox look into this and get back to us with a solution.

Thanks in advance.

bhr55
New member | Level 2

I now know that for me the issue is tied to installing the new MacBigSur11.1.  I hadn't done that on my laptop, and the Dropbox extension for gmail worked perfectly.  Then today I installed the update.  Big mistake.  Now the extension does not work.  Will Dropbox please update its app so that it works with the new apple software!

Need more support?