cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox

How Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox

Amy
Community Manager
We love hearing how you, the Community members use Dropbox. Everyone has their own favorite features and little hacks, so we want to share some with you! Up first, we have Connie (@ConF2_0), a long time Dropbox Plus customer, member of the Dropbox Community, and avid Vault user. Connie sat down with Gavin, a member of our Dropbox team, and told him all about how she uses Dropbox and why she loves Vault. 

I am Connie and I currently live in Germany. I've lived here for two years now. I've been a speech language pathologist for more than 30 years and that's what brought me to Dropbox, actually. I worked in a school setting for years and  I frequently needed to be able to take work home. I needed a way to do this without having to carry stuff and make copies. I could email my spreadsheets, and reports and things, but I kept thinking “I don't know, emailing doesn't really make me comfortable - it's supposed to be really secure, but I'm not sure."

I honestly cannot remember how I stumbled on Dropbox but I thought, “Oh, this is perfect!”, so I set up my account and I've been a user ever since. I was able to start writing my notes and reports at school, and then put them in Dropbox and finish them up when I got home. I could work on my spreadsheets and lesson materials at home and have them back at school waiting for me the next day. My only concern was that as a health care provider, you need to be able to ensure security and privacy. 

Before Vault, I was using a third party app to encrypt my school files. I thought “there's got to be another way, Dropbox has got to be able to do this”.  That third party app was sometimes cumbersome and I'd lock myself out of files. Now, it's so easy - anything that I need to have protected gets uploaded to the Vault - done.  No extra passwords to remember, no extra copying and/or downloading! 

Thanks Connie! We love to hear stories like this and how we can make Dropbox better for all of you.

How do you use Dropbox? Tell us in the comments below! Share your tips, tricks, the features you love and how you make the most of Dropbox, whether it’s at home, at work or at school!
4 Replies 4

JornOC
Explorer | Level 4
Thank You.
Was scrolling thru page and saw ur name & answers everywhere. You r very busy helping others! Hope u get what u deserve...MORE!

dog3
New member | Level 2
Very well spoken and you already have my attention.

ConF2_0
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you, @JornOC !  I wish the same for you.

I was just being honest! 😊

ConF2_0
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you, @dog3 , I appreciate the compliment.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ConF2_0 Helpful | Level 6
    dog3 New member | Level 2
    JornOC Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?