cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Integrating Dropbox Paper with Dropbox

Integrating Dropbox Paper with Dropbox

AlexisL
Dropbox Staff

Paper is a Dropbox product, but what's the relationship between Paper and Dropbox itself? We're here to tell you! Here are the basics...

Can I access my Paper docs from Dropbox?
  • You can access Paper by clicking the Paper tab on dropbox.com or by navigating to paper.dropbox.com.
  • If you don't see a link for Paper and you use Dropbox Business, your team admin may have disabled Paper. Contact your admin to discuss access to Paper.
Sidebar.png

Can I access my Dropbox files in Paper?
  • While you can’t directly access your Dropbox files in Paper, you can link or embed a file from your Dropbox directly in a doc (for example, an image or media file):
  • 1. Click an empty line in your doc
  • 2. Click the Dropbox icon
  • 3. In the pop-up window, select the file you'd like to add to the doc.

Do I need to be signed in to Dropbox to access Paper?
  • Yes, you must be signed in to Dropbox to access Paper. If you aren’t signed in to Dropbox, you are prompted to sign in when you visit the Paper homepage.

Learn more about using Paper and Dropbox together here

How do you integrate Paper and Dropbox? Do you use both? If yes, how do you leverage both for your own work or to collaborate with your team? 

27 Replies 27

lukeyo
Super User

People, absolutely understand the frustrating wait for Paper '2020'. 

I can confirm that DB does read these posts and is working on getting a workable solution.

That's all I can report for now but I just didn't want more crickets on this thread - speak again soon hopefully

irispdx
New member | Level 2

I won't be using Paper until you can open Dropbox files in it. Otherwise it just doesn't make any sense...

Olbliss
Collaborator | Level 8
@irispdx I wouldn’t go that far. A markdown based, in-situ note taking option would be handy with or without the option to open other files within it.

Bob R.4
Collaborator | Level 10

Thought it might be fun and a. little nostalgic to revisit this article from Dropbox circa 2019.

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/paper/paper-2020-faqs

Nothing in the article has come to pass. NOTHING. Yet the dev team roll out seemingly meaningless "upgrades" like "Automated folder" Who determined that was more pressing that integrating Dropbox and Paper?

Since Q 4 2021 and Q1 2022 I've had 3 clients tell me they will no longer use Dropbox/Paper to collaborate. That it's just too cumbersome and unintuitive. And I can't disagree with them one bit. At this pace, 2022 will be my last year subscribing to Dropbox. Can't believe I'd ever write that.

slidedesignr
Helpful | Level 6

Is anyone from Dropbox paying attention to this thread at all? Has Dropbox 2020 become Dropbox 2022? 

Bob R.4
Collaborator | Level 10

I think it's a very safe bet that answer to your question is a resounding NO.
It's like yelling into a cave and the only voice you hear coming back to you is your own.

lukeyo
Super User

Just to let you all know there are updates to Paper coming very soon.

The updates are less about new features, more about getting everyone on the same feature set to move forward from there.

Bob R.4
Collaborator | Level 10

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You'll forgive any lack of enthusiasm as Dropbox's support of Paper has been somewhat less that rock solid if you simply look back over the last few years of posts. I truly wish everyone involved the best of luck.
And for a significant subset of the Dropbox Paper user base, bring the feature set up to current would constitute new features.

Need more support?