cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox!

We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox!

Amy
Community Manager
Hello Dropbox Community!

At Dropbox, and here on the Community, we try to create an inclusive and accessible experience for all of you, but we don’t always know the best way to do this. So, we thought we would ask the experts — you. You know what you want, and what’s helpful, so we’d love to hear from you. You can also check Download the Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates for any of the core Dropbox products as a PDF here.

We are currently focusing on enhancing the accessibility features of Dropbox to make it more user-friendly for individuals with diverse needs. We understand that accessibility is crucial, and we want to ensure that our platform is accessible to everyone.

To achieve this, we would love to hear directly from you about the accessibility tools and features you currently use when interacting with Dropbox or other platforms. Your experiences and recommendations will help us identify areas for improvement and guide us in developing new features that cater to a broader audience.

To get the conversation started, here are a few questions:

1. What accessibility tools or features do you currently use when accessing Dropbox? (For example, increasing font size with zoom in, screen reader tools and/or text-to-speech or speech-to-text apps that can help users access content would also count for this). 
  2. Are there specific challenges you face in using Dropbox, and if so, how do you currently handle  them?
  3. Are there other accessibility features you would like to see implemented in Dropbox to enhance your overall experience?
  4. Are there any workarounds you are currently using with Dropbox?
  5. Is there anything else you want us to know here? 

Please feel free to share your thoughts, suggestions, and any other insights you think would be helpful. Your input is incredibly valuable to us as we strive to make Dropbox more accessible and user-friendly.

Thank you for being a part of our community and for helping us create a more inclusive Dropbox experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
2 Replies 2

pritam wu
Explorer | Level 4
我正在升級電腦,但是新電腦需卻確認穩定後,舊電腦才會換掉!請給我一段時間!

davemrls
New member | Level 2

I do not use dropbox for anything other than its name implies. Unfortunately the act of placing my folders in dropbox makes access unnecessarily convoluted and frustrating. The replies on this board are disappointing. Dropbox has no other function than folder syncing that i am interested in. I do not need integrations, i need CONSISTENT ACCESS. I Dont care to work with previews. My storage space is MY problem and you trying to assume responsibility is useless and in this case counterproductive. I need to be able to use this program consistently across platforms or the android integration is more time consuming than physically moving the folders and files with sd card. Much more reliable, consistant across platforms and free.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

davemrls New member | Level 2
    pritam wu Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?