cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What’s new: Dropbox Capture

What’s new: Dropbox Capture

Amy
Community Manager

We’ve all been to a lot of online meetings this year, whether it’s for work, school or just to catch up with friends and family. I think we all know the feeling when a meeting isn’t exactly…. necessary.

Users commenting on a Dropbox Capture videoUsers commenting on a Dropbox Capture video

Well, great news, now you can stay in the loop and share engaging updates without hopping on a call with a new product - Dropbox Capture. Try Dropbox Capture, a new tool to help you to share your thoughts with screenshots, GIFs, or simple videos recorded right on your screen. So you can clearly say what you mean without scheduling another meeting.

If you are interested in trying out this great new tool, you can sign up to test it out and share your feedback. To note, this new feature is currently in beta and for now is available on Windows and macOS in English only. 

So, what can you do with Dropbox Capture? 

Share status updates

Capture 2.png

Instead of scheduling a 30-minute meeting, send out a quick update with visuals for reference, and let everyone watch when they have time.

Provide comments on a design
Skip the phone calls and PDF markups. Use Capture to record your thoughts, for clearer feedback—in less time.

Connect more deeply
Personalize your message and engage with teammates, clients, and customers.

We heard from Amelia, a Dropbox superstar, about how she uses it to make work more efficient and enjoyable - so check out her story here.

Those are just a handful of things you can do, but we’re sure you’ll make the most of Dropbox Capture. Tell us how you use it in the comments below! 
8 Replies 8

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff

Thank you so much, Amy, for posting this. My name is Youcef, and I'm from the Dropbox team working on Capture. Super excited to have you all try this product. I can't wait to hear your feedback. I will be around in the community answering any of your questions and feedback.

Pascal M.7
New member | Level 2

Hello,
I am currently working in multiscreen. When I want to take a screenshot on my second screen, it doesn't work. Any idea to solve this problem?

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff

So sorry about this. Would you mind reaching out to support on support-capture-feedback@dropbox.com? I can assist you there. Would be great also if you can confirm which app version of Capture you are running. Thank you so much!

Theiring
New member | Level 2

I love Dropbox Capture and I'm wondering if there's a way to record more than 5 minutes of video?

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Not right now but it will be possible in a couple of weeks! 🎉 Stay tuned, we are actively working on it!

Edispg
Explorer | Level 4

not compatible with M1?

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff

We don't have an M1 specific build yet but the app works on M1. I have a M1 Macbook and it works smoothly there. We will be supporting M1 natively in the upcoming months!

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff

Hi there!

Youcef here from the Dropbox Capture team. I just wanted to follow up and let you know that our most requested feature is here — you can record for longer than 5 minutes on Capture for free.

Just make sure you are running the latest version of the app (v77.0.9). You can know which version of the app you have by opening Capture > Clicking on the 3 dots menu on the top right > Preferences, and you will see the version at the bottom.

To update the app:

- macOS: Open Capture > Click on the 3 dots menu on the top right > Check for updates - If it does not work, close the app, then reopen
- Windows: Close the app and reopen it. Alternatively, download the latest version on https://www.dropbox.com/capture/install

Let me know what you think about it.

Thank you so much!

Need more support?