Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Video Uploads From Android Have Started Failing

Helpful | Level 6

Have started FailingI have been uploading videos for my YouTube Channel from my Android to my Dropbox for a year now. This week every video has failed multiple times. The videos are no larger than 1.30GB. I have uploaded larger files with no issues. I can't even upload a 236.84MB file without failure. It is in "Uploading" mode for hours, then fails. I have cleared my cache, logged out, completely uninstalled and reinstalled, my wifi is very strong, app is updated, I even compressed the files to no avail. I think I validated every suggestion I could find. What is going on? I really need to get my files off my phone and into my dropbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated! slightly smiling face 

Tags (1)
48 Replies

Re: Video Uploads From Android Have Started Failing

Helpful | Level 6
Mine too. Never had a problem until today. Have only used 8% of our storage, signed out and back in, deleted and reinstalled the DB android app, wifi signal is strong, phone charged...tried every suggestion, but video uploads fail. Photos uploaded fine, btw. One suggestion was to make sure video uploading was enabled in settings, but that option isn't there.

Dropboxer

Hello @Pepper0505 and @JH14!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble uploading your videos via the Dropbox mobile app. 

Are you uploading using the plus button (+) or the automatic camera uploads feature? 

Is anyone of you plugging your device directly in to your computer with a USB cable then you are using desktop Camera Uploads feature?

Thank you both for clarifying this detail. Looking forward to your responses to troubleshoot. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Helpful | Level 6
Tried both the + from Dropbox and the share/add to Dropbox from my phone. All failed. Have never needed to USB, but will have to so I can get videos uploaded. Have never had an issue before with even the largest files.

Since I posted my comment, I've additionally cleared the cache, which was unusually large. Was also notified last night that DB was still running in the background and draining the phone battery...also never experienced that.

Thank you!

Dropboxer

How much space do you have available on this device @Pepper0505

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Helpful | Level 6
I keep it cleaned up, with more than usual on it today because of about 4 gB of videos and photos to upload. Also daily clear storage and memory. I have 81 gB remaining. Have used 46 something gB.

Helpful | Level 5
Same issue here. Just started recently, within the week I believe. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Dropbox app. I even cleared out extra space on my device. What's odd is it doesn't always fail on the same file. As an example, it may fail 5 times and then work on the 6th.

I can upload my photos just fine, it's the videos that are failing.

Helpful | Level 6
My largest video is 3.3 gB...I've tried that 4 times...the rest are MUCH smaller. Multiple times for those. One is only a couple minutes long. Out of almost 300 photos, only two failed to upload. I tried every single suggestion I could find. It worked great a week ago when I used it last.

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you so much for this! I too am using the (+) button. And I have not plugged directly into my computer but I will give that a shot. It's so werid, I've been uploading videos for a year all around the same size with no issues until a week or so ago. Has something chnaged? 

Helpful | Level 6

I have tons of space available on my device. Sorry, just catching up. Really appreciate the help! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Video Uploads From Android Have Started Failing
48 Replies
42 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post