cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Task Manager

Windows Task Manager

Dee C.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Under Processes I get over over 30 instances of the Image Name Dropbox.exe*32, the command line points to AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe*32/restart 444/corruptdb

A different image name will have a different number other than the "444" above.

Any idea what has happened?  .

FYI, this is on a laptop personal PC not biz....friends do download some files on the account folder.

This prob only started a week ago, until then working perfectly.

Thanks for the HELP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the details here @Dee C.6!

Could you verify that there's no antivirus, firewalls or even proxy/VPN settings that could be preventing our app from connecting properly to the internet? 

If you do have any of the aforementioned software, you can disable it temporarily to see if that's what's causing this issue. 

You might also want to re-install our app using the offline installer from the page below: 

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=82.4.156&plat=win&type=full 

Let me know the results!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @Dee C.6 - welcome to the Community!

At first, could you send me a screenshot of where exactly this discrepancy is spotted so I can have a visual too?

Also, can you please clarify the OS of the device you're on and if you've made sure that it's updated and rebooted recently?

Thanks in advance!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Dee C.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

thanks for the quick reply.  Dropbox is on my personal laptop PC only, it is running Windows 7.  No other devices connected to it though sometimes pics from my camera automatically get copied into some folder on DropBox.

Since I have had this prob, I notice that when I looked in my folder where I put files I want to share with friends, there was always a small status icon.  Green showing it has been uploaded etc.  As you can see from the 2nd pic this no longer shows.

Thanks for the help, really appreciated.

Dee C.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

had 2 pics but somehow they did not go with the message above.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you too for the quick response @Dee C.6 - it's most appreciated!

So you have the desktop app running and somehow enabled the automatic camera uploads feature at some point (which you can verify by checking if the photos you mentioned are located within a folder called 'Camera Uploads') and while you were able to see status icons on your files within the Dropbox Folder in the past you're not seeing them now; am I correct? 

If that's the case, could you send me the desktop app's exact status at the moment as shown within your system tray and attach your screenshots using the buttons shown below?

Attach image.png

Thanks so much!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Dee C.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Walter, I am not interested in uploading pics to DB.  But I am trying to get rid of all the corruptdb in the Windows Task Manager.   I notice "sometimes" I see the status icons on my ONE folder which I share with friends & put in various files.  Then like magic the status icon disappears.  Give me sometime to figure out how to find the desktop apps exact status.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response @Dee C.6!

I was merely suggesting that based on your description, it sounds like you've enabled camera uploads for your account. If you'd like to disable it, you can follow the steps here:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/photos/camera-uploads-overview

As per the desktop app's status, please take a look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar  see if it is done syncing. When Dropbox is fully synced then you should see a tick followed by the words “Up to date” on the menu.

If you do not see this then can you please let me know what the exact message being displayed there reads?

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Dee C.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The dropbox icon in the taskbar appears, says connecting, starting then it totally disappears.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the details here @Dee C.6!

Could you verify that there's no antivirus, firewalls or even proxy/VPN settings that could be preventing our app from connecting properly to the internet? 

If you do have any of the aforementioned software, you can disable it temporarily to see if that's what's causing this issue. 

You might also want to re-install our app using the offline installer from the page below: 

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=82.4.156&plat=win&type=full 

Let me know the results!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Dee C.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Good evening.  I did download the offline installer before but I must not have waited long enuf for the install to go thru....though I am sure I was getting an Error 2 last nite at the end of the process.  Tonite with the right facial expression, the install went OK & I can now see my status on the files in my folder.

BIG thanks...much appreciated for your HELP.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dee C.6 Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?