cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Just upgraded to 1 Terabyte - Dropbox says I don't have room to upload 105 GB

New member | Level 1

I upgraded to 1 terabyte - online, Dropbox says I have 1 terabyte - but when I try to copy and paste a folder containing 105 GB of data, Dropbox says I don't have enough space. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

9 Replies

Re: Just upgraded to 1 Terabyte - Dropbox says I don't have room to upload 105 GB

Super User II

Is the error not actually saying you've ran out of hard drive space?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Just upgraded to 1 Terabyte - Dropbox says I don't have room to upload 105 GB

New member | Level 1

"There is not enough space on Dropbox. You need an additional 81 GB to copy these files."

Super User II

You did upgrade the right account didnt you?

When you click on the Dropbox icon on your status bar and click on the globe does that show the upgraded account?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1

I only have one Dropbox account, and my apologies... I have no idea where the globe is. When I click on the Dropbox icon on my status bar, it simply opens the dropbox folder

New member | Level 1

I have the same problem - just "upgraded" to 1 TB. Yes, I checked. The account says I have 1 TB. I tried loading 6 gig and got the "You don't have enough space." WHY?

New member | Level 1

I have the same problem.

New member | Level 1

><br>Same problem here.  I upgraded in June to Terabyte.  I've uploaded several folders of 2 or 3 gigabytes without a problem.  I've been trying to backup my main data folder which is approximately 500 gb and I get the above message.  It seems like maybe Windows is choking because Dropbox isn't moving the files in fast enough.</p>
<p>...or maybe I am not understanding Dropbox and to copy something to Dropbox there has to be room on my hard drive to make <em>another</em> copy of what I'm uploading??</p>

New member | Level 2

Did anyone solve this? I am experiencing this exact problem.

Super User II

...or maybe I am not understanding Dropbox and to copy something to Dropbox there has to be room on my hard drive to make another copy of what I'm uploading??

Exactly! Dropbox is not a cloud-based folder that exists only on the Dropbox servers. It's a folder like any other on your computer. Anything you place in it exists on your local drive. Remember, Dropbox is a file synchronization service. It's meant to keep the files on your computer in-sync with other devices linked to your account.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Just upgraded to 1 Terabyte - Dropbox says I don't have room to upload 105 GB
9 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey