cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Connection with Epson Printer just randomly stopped

Connection with Epson Printer just randomly stopped

AST2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi All,

Just out of nowhere when we scan from our epson printers (we have two) it no longer writes to drop box. See error message email below;

AST2_0-1714688483142.png

I have already carried out the follow trouble shooting;

* Network and internet all working fine

* Have scanned direct to Drop box from my Phone. All fine. Proves nothing wrong with account.

* Have logged into Epson Connect Web page and "edited" cloud connections.

* Established a brand new "scan to cloud" destination on Epson Connect. That did not work.

So annoying that something is working fine and then it just drops out !!!!!

81 Replies 81

Wigonwheels
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have had exactly the same problem in the last 72 hours.  I have scanned from Epson WF-2860 printer/scanner for years, with data smoothly received in Epson Connect folder in Dropbox.  Now the error message.  I have reset everything to no avail.  What has changed?

pavlos s
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

8th Day and i supose we are not going to get any compensation for it, even if Dropbox fixes their issue.
My subscription is ending soon so i will probably won't renew my subscription, anyway its the same price with other competitors.

Josh L.20
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

As per post below, problem has been resolved.

piercosta
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It seems that Epson fixed the issue on their end:

• Scan to Cloud disaster recovery notice (Wednesday, May 8th, 2024 11:00 (UTC))
    Thank you for using our products regularly.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused to our users.
    An issue occurred that made Dropbox unavailable during the following times.
    • From May 1st, 2024 04:00 to May 8th, 11:00 (UTC)
    The problem has now been resolved and you can use the service.

torero
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Yes SOLVED.
So it appears from piercosta message that the issue was from Epson.
I wonder if we will ever know ?

keltmiz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes - I tried scanning dropbox and it is working again  - No changes required on my end for service to work.... So it was epson afterall

DBinBigD
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My worst fear - integration with Epson resolved, but still not working with Brother.

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for bearing with us while we investigate. As some of you have noted, Epson has restored functionality for their Scan to Dropbox function. Please let me know if anyone scanning with Epson products is still experiencing issues and I will pass that onto the appropriate team.

We are still actively looking into the service outage on our end. I don't have any specifics to share at this time, but I will provide an update here when I know more.

Thanks,

Ben

probst3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for the Epson connectivity fix! Working fine now!

Wigonwheels
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for whatever Epson did.  My scan to Dropbox now works perfectly again.

Need more support?