cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrypt Sookasa Files

Decrypt Sookasa Files

chzz
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Does anyone have the tool that can decrypt Sookasa files?

A long time ago, I had a Sookasa account integrated with Dropbox. During that time, a folder was accidentally deleted in an unrecoverable way, but later reappeared on a computer that hadn't been synced in a long time. So I have my old Sookasa files, but they're encrypted. Sookasa has since been acquired and shut down and there's no support. They used to offer a decryption tool, but the link is now broken. Does anyone have this tool or know another way to get it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@hjwebb - you need to contact the people who gave you this software in the first place. Dropbox themselves have no idea who/what people do with files due to how they are encrypted. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @chzz, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

Even though this doesn't really have to do with Dropbox, I will leave this thread open, in case a user has some helpful info for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

hjwebb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Sookasa has a large number of important records encrypted from my business. They closed down over a couple of months and never had anyone you could speak with directly when their tacit email directions did not perform as stated.  I hope there are others with locked up files who could support some type of class action legal remedy. I dont think they allowed enough support to accommodate their clients.  I was working on the road last spring and didnt have the band width to permit me to download the large files I have to a local computer , which was neccessary to do in order to decrypt . There was not decryption offered to work within Dropbox on line. DROPBOX should have been our advocate to allow us to decrypt files in the cloud,  which was offered in the large business category.  I spent days downloading files local , decrypting and attempting to re-upload.  I never got through it in time. ( 10 years of files.)  I WANT MY FILES BACK.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@hjwebb - you need to contact the people who gave you this software in the first place. Dropbox themselves have no idea who/what people do with files due to how they are encrypted. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

hjwebb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Dear Super User Mark

This is downloaded from the Sookasa website: “Customer trust is our highest priority, and we are dedicated to providing leading security solutions to our customers as part of our Partner Network. Sookasa is one of these Premier Partners, and its seamless DLP and encryption tools help further our goal of marrying best-in-class security and ease of use for our customers.”— Patrick Heim, Head of Trust & Security for Dropbox

So,,,,your response of "Dropbox themselves have no idea who/what people do with files due to how they are encrypted. " is actually an uninformed ,snide cast-off of a legitimate  inquiry / problem.  Go back to your romance novel. 

Is there anyone else out there from corporate Dropbox ?????

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@hjwebb wrote:

... your response ... is actually an uninformed ,snide cast-off of a legitimate  inquiry / problem.  Go back to your romance novel.

Actually, @Mark's response is correct. Sookasa is not a Dropbox product. It was owned by Barracuda. It may have had integration with Dropbox, but Dropbox didn't (and doesn't) provide support for the product. You need to contact Barracuda.

Vertebra
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Actually, Mark is the one that is correct.  From Dropbox's own page "Sookasa, a Dropbox Premier Partner".  That is what made your service HIPAA compliant and usable by Medical Providers.  Every time Dropbox made a change to it's coding Sookasa would put out a notice that they are working with Dropbox to get access back to files.  The last time I checked Dropbox was not open sourced.   https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/app-integrations/sookasa

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Vertebra New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    hjwebb Helpful | Level 5
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?