cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Integration with Zoom deprecated.

Dropbox Integration with Zoom deprecated.

Philip Wade
Collaborator | Level 9

I discovered after the fact that Dropbox has decided to end its integration with Zoom. Apparently this ended on 5th February 2024. My last Zoom meeting 8 February 2024 did not upload to Dropbox automatically as usual which led me to investigate with both Zoom and Dropbox. I was just informed of the decision on Dropbox Chat. Apparently, I was supposed to have received an email but I can't find one and don't delete such things.

I was advised to report the issue/complaint here. The solution offered was download and Re-upload to Dropbox which I know will work (because I used to do that years ago) but when I have multiple Zoom Sessions in one Day and there isn't time between meetings to do this this is a lot of extra work for something that prior to this change was automatic. I wonder how many others are affected by this and are just as mystified as I am? I may have to consider other options to Dropbox though need to investigate these. Thanks.

Update 15th February 2024: Given the growing interest in this post and issues it is causing I have now put forward it's reinstatement here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Please-reinstate-integration-with-Zoom/idi-p/751519#M8... 

Note: @Rich  a Super User II advise only one post and for others to LIKE and support it and comment otherwise it won't work. 

@Mark@bblu2095@BHappy@Chriskynka@marosner@yw40@Rockeye , @MovingMary , @nsrubio you have all been tagged in the 'NEW IDEA post link above so hopefully you will see this or the NEW IDEA post or both. Thank you. Philip Wade

97 Replies 97

skmartin108
Helpful | Level 6

I'm curious why you switched. I just reached out to Box yesterday and it sounds like they can do the same Zoom integration as Dropbox was offering. 

Enzo-Garza
New member | Level 2

The automatic Zoom -> Box feature was not supported at the time, which may have changed since I've left. 

I also needed to be able to give parent folder access to my team and not have permissions automatically affect other folders when adjusting subfolder permissions. This was impossible since Box uses a waterfall method that flows up and down.

For Example

Main Folder - All of my team has access to this folder

- Sub Folder A - same

- Sub Folder B - same

- Sub Folder C - I want to limit access to this folder

When using Box.com, if I removed access to Sub Folder C, it would remove the user from Sub Folder A and B as well, which was really silly. I reached out to customer support and there was nothing I could do to change this. 

From Box.com: 

If an individual is a collaborator on a parent folder, the access level is the same for all its subfolders. Changing the access level for any subfolder causes the individual's access level also to change for the parent folder and all its subfolders.

So, while the Zoom integration was very important to me, the sharing capabilities was also something that ultimately made me switch. 

celebratemercy
New member | Level 2

Hey Everyone, 

This depracation is very unfortunate. I hope it is resolved. In the meantime, zapier does have a simple integration to sync zoom  meetings to dropbox. 

If anyone wants help on this, let me know! 

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 7.47.43 PM.png

 

skmartin108
Helpful | Level 6

Is it free or do you have to purchase one of the plans?

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback regarding this.

The Zoom integration within Dropbox is active and working normally for all users.

If you’re having any issues accessing your Zoom recordings or the feature, let us know and we’re happy to help.

Thank you,

Sam

bblu2095
Helpful | Level 7

Can you clarify what you mean by the "Zoom integration within Dropbox"? Does this still include the feature where Zoom recordings saved to the cloud are automatically copied to Dropbox?

skmartin108
Helpful | Level 6

When I search for Zoom in the App Center it does not come up. Can you please let me know where to find it?

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Hi there @bblu2095, yes, you should still have access to all the features you had before, including setting up Dropbox as your save location for Zoom recordings.

Philip Wade
Collaborator | Level 9

Thank you for listening @Sam DBX this is good news. 

However, I have done a test this morning and it did not work. It was a short 1 minute test with just me and in the past these have always been recorded in both Zoom and integrated to Dropbox with an email notification from both saying the recording is now available. I go the Zoom email immediately. No sign of one from Dropbox or the recording and this was at leat 1.5 hours ago now.

When I first identified the issue and reported it to Dropbox one of things I did was to disconnect and re-connect to see if that fixed (this was before I had discovered it had been deprecated). It was connected during the test and so wonder what your advice would be.

Thank you. Philip

Philip Wade
Collaborator | Level 9

Thanks for this @celebratemercy I've been away for a week and now it looks like its been reinstated following my original posts and support from folk like you one here. It's very good to know of this alternative.

Need more support?