cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Passwords: Handle many form fields better

Dropbox Passwords: Handle many form fields better

Long Peter
Helpful | Level 6

The Dropbox Passwords extension for Firefox utterly bogs down the entire browser whenever I'm on page with many form fields. Notably, the Avada Global Options panel. Avada is a popular WordPress theme. I can provide a dev space for testing if you'd like to see what I mean.

Sometimes it gets so bad that Firefox offers to stop the Dropbox Passwords addon for the current tab but the bar it often doesn't, and you have to just live with it.

It would be great if the issue could be identified and solved, but some kind of mitigation would be adequate. Perhaps the ability to disable the plugin if particular URL strings are detected, like "/wp-admin/themes.php?page=avada_options".

I reported this some months ago and nothing has been done. Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this bug?

4 Replies 4

larryxu
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Long Peter, thanks for letting us know about your issue with the Dropbox Passwords Firefox extension. I'm a member of the team that supports Dropbox Passwords, and would like to help you resolve this issue. Can you provide a link to the webpage where you're experiencing this issue, as well as a video recording? This will help us diagnose further.

Thanks!

Long Peter
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks @larryxu,

here's a screen recording showing a typical experience:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1sn8pl33ch9pe6ly8gcp0/Screen-Recording-2023-08-24-at-3.06.20-pm.mov?r...

1. Visit Avada > Theme Options > Typography > Headings
  2. Scroll down the page (or interact with select fields).
  3. Firefox bogs down, reacts slowly to user input or is slow to paint the page on scroll.
  4. Firefox notes that Dropbox Passwords is causing a slowdown and suggests stopping it (presumably for the current tab only?). This message can appear only very briefly – you can see me miss it the first time in the video – making it hard to rely on that as a workaround.
  5. Having successfully hit stop, everything is running smoothly again.

In order to see it first hand you'll need to be logged into a WordPress site with Avada installed as an admin. Is there an official way to share login credentials with Dropbox Staff for this purpose? I can give you a dev site to experiment with but I don't want to publish admin login details on a public forum.

larryxu
Dropbox Staff

Thank you for the recording and reproduction steps @Long Peter. I have followed up via email with further instructions to share the affected website link and credentials. Please let us know if you have not received the email.

Long Peter
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks @larryxu, I replied to your email last night. Please let me know if it is not received.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Long Peter Helpful | Level 6
    larryxu Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?