cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Editing PDFs in Dropbox from my iPad

Editing PDFs in Dropbox from my iPad

GS321
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I'm trying to edit/markup PDFs that I have stored in Dropbox from my iPad. I'm using an Apple Pencil that's capable of "markup." 

The adobe integration was meant to be the answer for this; however, Adobe is now charging extra for the ability to edit. 

Apple allows you to edit Dropbox PDFs nicely through files; however, this seems to be hit or miss as sometimes the files won't open or get re-directed to Dropbox.

Are there other ways to edit PDFs from the iPad and have it sync with Dropbox? This would seem like it should be a top priority for an added feature. OneDrive, for example, has the functionality built directly into their app. Any help would be much appreciated. 

12 Replies 12

DMTA
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem.  I have Acrobat Pro, and I used to be able to do this, but now it's not cooperating.  Even when I click Edit, it only lets me select and move objects, not mark up by hand.  This is super frustrating.

robderon
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

and this is free !

best solution so far, thank you Hecksome

Justinas123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This actually worked! thanks a lot for this! Still cant believe you cant use Markups in Dropbox app.

Need more support?