cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicken Backups Delayed due to Dropbox app

Quicken Backups Delayed due to Dropbox app

DBM3
Explorer | Level 4

In the last several months Ctrl-B to backup Quicken, reports errors because a "third party" = Dropbox??? has the active file locked. The backup actually happens, but the process generates errors. Then, the backed-up, active file sometime will not load. Note the active file is kept on the computer drive while the backup is on Dropbox.

Hours on the phone with Quicken support has not helped. Windows 11 may be part of the issue.

So far the only solution is: after working in Quicken, let time pass; then attempt the back-up.

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @DBM3, thanks for messaging the Community!

Have you tried pausing the syncing in the Dropbox desktop application during the backup process to see if this helps?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DBM3
Explorer | Level 4

I will give it a whirl and let you know.

DBM3
Explorer | Level 4

Nothing seems to make a change in the errors. Turned off Dropbox sync with difference. Waited from the time I last worked in Quicken for an hour, the tried; no difference. 

Copying the datafile itself to the backup folder using file manager is not the same.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @DBM3 - sorry to jump in here, but could you send us a screenshot of those errors so that we can have a visual too?

Also, what is the version of the Dropbox desktop app you're using? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

DBM3
Explorer | Level 4

Screenshot 2024-03-18 104718.pngScreenshot 2024-03-18 104815.pngScreenshot 2024-03-18 105304.pngScreenshot 2024-03-18 105442.png

This is in the order of the errors as I clicked OK. I have 2TB and presume it's the latest version but don't know where the version number is.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @DBM3, you should be able to locate our app's version by hovering your mouse, over the little Dropbox icon, next to your WiFi on your task bar. 

However, I don't think it's related to Dropbox. 

Provided that the error was due to our app, syncing your content then it would resolve after pausing our app. You mentioned it didn't get better, so it's either an entirely different app, or something to do on Quicken's end. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DBM3
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox 194.4.6267 Up to date

Oops, Quicken pointed the finger at Dropbox and now Dropbox is pointing the finger at Quicken. 

End users are caught in a vice in such circumstances without the knowledge or power to extricate themselves. How about the two companies work together not to squeeze the end users but to resolve their problems? 

This has not been a longstanding problem. Something little must have changed in a recent upgrade. Please fix it!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBM3 Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?