cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Third party apps not correctly linking to file structure

Third party app not correctly linking to file structure

Scott B.26
Helpful | Level 6

We are using Bluebeam Revu for iPad which connects with Dropbox. It used to work just fine, but a few years ago Dropbox stopped showing the full file structure within the Bluebeam Revu for iPad app. I've been working with Bluebeam tech support off and on about this issue for this whole time, but they still can't figure out what the cause is. This does not happen with their other users. When in the Bluebeam Revu for iPad app, when we go to the cloud connections, where it connects with Dropbox, the Dropbox listing there only shows three folders and one loose PDF file. We have MANY, MANY more than that which aren't showing. For some reason, Dropbox will not sync the full file structure. It had worked fine from before October 2020, but after that it stopped syncing and showing the full file structure with Bluebeam Revu for iPad. 

19 Replies 19

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Scott B.26, what permissions does the Bluebeam app have when you view it on this page? Could you copy and paste them into your next reply?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Scott B.26
Helpful | Level 6
  • Edit content of your Dropbox files and folders, view content of your Dropbox files and folders, and view and edit information about your Dropbox files and folders
  • View and manage your Dropbox file requests, Dropbox sharing settings and collaborators, and manually added Dropbox contacts
  • View basic information about your Dropbox account such as your username, email, and country

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Okay, so this means it should have access to your entire Dropbox account, and not just the Apps folder like some other apps.

Do the folders that appear in the app have anything in common? What about the folders that don't appear in the app? Any special characters, symbols (like the : or | symbol), or even folder length?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Scott B.26
Helpful | Level 6

No, not really. That was something Bluebeam support thought a possibility. We considered file name length and folder paths being too long, but that can't be the case. Even at top level, it isn't showing some loose files at top level that are simply PDFs that have a file name of 8 characters (only alpha numeric, no special characters). And there's nothing odd or complex about these PDFs (basically just a scanned document). Some of the missing top level folders that are missing are also very basic (reasonable file name length, no special characters, no subfolders, contents are simple PDF or MS Word documents).

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Is it possible to attach an image of what the Bluebeam app shows, and what is visible in the Dropbox folder on the same level, while hiding any personal names or info?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Scott B.26
Helpful | Level 6

Bluebeam finally figured out the issue. Their API for the app isn't able to handle the size of the Dropbox that we have. They're going to eventually gix that, but it could be some time before they can.

So, we know what the issue is now, and there currently is fix, but one is in the works.

Thanks everyone for your attempts to help me out!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear they were able to locate the issue. This should help other users who are experiencing similar issues!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Djwpe
New member | Level 2

Did they ever come up with a fix for this? I’ve been having the same problem for quite some time.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Djwpe - could you let us know some additional information about the issue you're facing? 

For instance, what apps are you having issues with? What device(s) are you using? 

Are you getting any errors? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Scott B.26
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

No, not yet. Bluebeam had told me they would add it to their list of things to look into, but said it wasn't going to be a high priority so would probably be a long while before they got their API adjusted to where it could handle Dropbox with a large number of files/folders.

Need more support?