cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you use to backup Dropbox?

What do you use to backup Dropbox?

DeliberatelyDisasterDeterred
Explorer | Level 3

I am looking for a third party solution that will backup Dropbox and I have not found any yet. One of the problems I have is that I have more than 8TB of data in Dropbox and I am told that they do not support syncing that much to a local device - therefore, a backup of the local files is not a complete solution. Have you used or heard of anything that I can look into?

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

I run BackBlaze on my system which works really well 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3

Does BackBlaze backup data that resides in Dropbox?

Mark
Super User II

It backsup everything thats on my device, so, wont backup anything which is in the cloud - but for me thats fine (I still have the very very old PackRat add-on!). 

I dont think you'll find any service which can backup what you have on cloud but not device. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3

Ok. It is my understanding that I cannot have all of my DropBox on my computer no matter how large my drives are. I want to backup everything that Dropbox is storing. Right now I am reviewing CloudAlly's site to see if that is an option: https://www.cloudally.com/dropbox-backup/why-backup-dropbox/

Explorer | Level 3

Whew, CloudAlly is $30,000/year for 10TB

Mark
Super User II

I was just about to comment about how expensive that is!!

Explorer | Level 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @DeliberatelyDisasterDeterred,

Take a look on some competitors. pCloud, for example, can provide backup for different online services (including Dropbox) on reasonable price, I think.

Good luck!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    DeliberatelyDisasterDeterred Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?