cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional permissions are required to access files BigSur

additional permissions are required to access files BigSur

dbloomfield1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

When I installed BigSur, dropbox hasn't been functioning normally.  I sync a number of folders from my Dropbox filesystem, but when I try to open them I get the following message: "additional permissions are required to access files".  Then I get the triangle with an error message. I am able to access the files from the web and once I do that I can usually access the file from my desktop without doing anything.    Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.55.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.55.11 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello there @dbloomfield1, I hope you're having a good day!

If you haven't already, can you restart your computer to see if that does the trick?

If you're still getting the errors after a restart, can you let me know which version of the app you have installed, and the current sync status?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello there @dbloomfield1, I hope you're having a good day!

If you haven't already, can you restart your computer to see if that does the trick?

If you're still getting the errors after a restart, can you let me know which version of the app you have installed, and the current sync status?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dbloomfield1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Daphne.  When I restarted my computer the OS upgraded as did some other programs.  Now it seems to work fine - I haven't gotten that error message since doing that.  Many thanks.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear that helped @dbloomfield1!

If the issue does crop up again, don't hesitate to give me a nudge here. 😀

I hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Davide Bilardi
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm using my dropbox on multiple devices and very often I have the message "additional permissions are required to access the following file". I've seen that the solution suggested is to restart the computer.

This is not a real solution since when I'm working on a lot of files and I'm in between doing other things I can not restart the computer. And this is happening several times a day.

Sorry, do you have an alternative solution so that I can access my files from my multiple devices (and have them synchronized) without having to restart them?

Thanks!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Davide Bilardi, thanks for joining the discussion and sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Could you please send me a screenshot of the exact message you're getting so that we can have a visual too?

Also, is the desktop app 'up to date' when this happens or syncing in your system tray/menu bar?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Davide Bilardi
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for your feedback Walter!

The error messages are exactly the ones posted by dbloomfield1 at the start of the conversation I replied! Let me know should you need them again.

If I look at my desktop icon information it says " All your files are up to date"

Thanks for your support!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
And do you get the same results with our desktop app completely closed @Davide Bilardi?

Let me know what happens when you quit the app and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Davide Bilardi Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?