cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

Michael E.32
Helpful | Level 6

I was inspired by sjm88's post above and I too cancelled my 10+ year subscription with Dropbox today as a result of their neglect. Microsoft recently acquired https://mover.io, which made the move to OneDrive quick and painless. It literally happened in the background as I worked. And as sjm88 noted, favoriting folders works flawlessly with OneDrive, selective sync is built in, and it has a number of advantages over Dropbox when working with Microsoft Office.

I hope this inspires others to cancel their subscriptions as well. I frankly got tired of paying the Dropbox premium only to be ignored for years. Nothing quite makes you feel like a sucker than repeatedly complaining for a service but continuing to pay. 

Jamesore
Helpful | Level 6
I have just done the exact same thing, decided to jump ship completely after 10+ years. I'm still in the process of testing other services but I think I've landed at Microsoft onedrive. I tried sync.com and pcloud but both had the same issue as Dropbox in ios files app. I tried goodle drive but it had an issue with widows file explorer. So I've landed on onedrive. I might add that all of the services I just listed have cheaper options than Dropbox.

Its not just this forum's issue that made me move, I've also noticed bad syncing on my ipad pro where I had to leave Dropbox app open/maximised on screen for files to upload. And just seeing this thread and the way Dropbox handled it made me curious enough to look elsewhere and in that way I discovered I could pay a lot less with other services.

Useful to know about mover.io. Thanks

Pieroman
Helpful | Level 6

Despite @Daphne and @Lusil saying that they would look at the detailed ticket that I filed again for this issue, this is the answer that I got (again) from the support, basically a dismissal : "At the moment I am afraid you will not be able to add Dropbox folders within the iOS files app as a favourite folder. This would be an expected behaviour. We apologise for the inconvenience that may have been caused.I have provided this additional information to our development team for further investigation. They will be able to determine if this option can be added in a future release. "

The gall they have to not even acknowledge this is a bug despite this thread being almost two years old is incredible... Thanks everyone for the info about OneDrive not having this bug.

Jamesore
Helpful | Level 6
In their defence this bug also exists with sync.com and pcloud, so I believe it is actually a bug with the Files app. but at the same time it works perfectly with OneDrive and Google drive so if Dropbox wants to be an equal competitor they need to meet this standard.

0umar
Helpful | Level 6

The only issue I have with pcloud is search. It does not seems to work at all like for my other services (Creatice Cloud and Amazon Drive). But for tags and favorites, everything is working fine unlike with Dropbox

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi again everyone, thanks for your additional reports. 

I just wanted to mention that, as mentioned previously, our team is aware and are looking into this. 

However, if you haven't already, you can submit a ticket to our team from this link, to have a more in depth look into it?

If you have any trouble creating a ticket, just give us another nudge and we'll be more than happy to send you one. 

Thanks again, peeps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

billrey
Helpful | Level 6

Lusil, that behavior is a disgrace. People have been submitting reports for years now, with zero action on this mission-critical show-stopper bug that makes Dropbox virtually unuseable on iOS. We're told to keep submitting reports. We are going around in circles. When will this end? 

CaptSpalding
Helpful | Level 6

Shame on you for just stalling without giving one bit of new information. 

Josselin
Helpful | Level 5
“This is expected behavior” + having users running in circles for years = Dropbox clearly doesn’t want people to use Files. Why? They want to keep people in their own app and not see their users on Files, which would just make them a storage provider while their strategy is to be more than that so they can charge higher prices. I’m out of here, thanks for the OneDrive tip!

Guillaume DXB
Helpful | Level 6
Y’a. Shame on you Dropbox.
Need more support?