cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Replay - get feedback on your video projects with ease

Dropbox Replay - get feedback on your video projects with ease

Amy
Community Manager
If you like what we said here about Dropbox Replay, we have some excellent news, Dropbox Replay  is now available globally, whatever your needs may be 😁

Now that it’s out of Beta and available to everyone, we want to share some of our favourite features of Replay, and remind you how our own Super User, @lukeyo, uses Replay to keep his documentary edits in line too.

The thing that we love about Replay is that it can help folks to consolidate their digital tools with Dropbox so there’s less to manage. This also combines the video, image, audio review process tools that many people use as well! A limited version of Dropbox Replay is included for free with all Dropbox plans, so you get access to a media review and approve tool and Dropbox’s organization and collaboration tool, all in one place. Add any video, image or audio file right from Dropbox (or your desktop) into Replay in just a couple clicks.

We’re all about efficient and sensible workflows, so we are excited about how Replay can help you to reduce the back and forth with frame-accurate feedback, markups, and the ability to comment across multiple frames. Reviewers can specify the exact point they want to share feedback on to prevent miscommunication. And of course, you can get feedback from anyone, no special software or Dropbox account needed.

Check off your to-do list to make sure you’ve addressed all comments by resolving them as you work through them. It also means that your teammates, clients, and other collaborators see that their feedback has been incorporated in the next edit. We love to see everyone on the same page! That was exactly what Luke mentioned here: 

"Getting towards the end of a recent project, I needed some really specific feedback on very specific sections of the film, and Replay kept that all in one place. I really like it when something works that simply. When you tick off the feedback in Replay, it‘s like ticking off a real life to-do list - when I go shopping and I’ve bought the milk, I tick it off and I never need to think about that again, so it’s finished, and this is the same level of reassurance.” 

So that’s the limited version of Dropbox Replay which is now available to everyone, but if you want even more features, and you have a Dropbox Plus, Pro, Standard, Advanced or Enterprise plan you can purchase the Dropbox Replay Add-On. With the add-on you get all of the above collaboration features as well as being able to upload as many files as you have space for based on your Dropbox plan, plus more premium features including

• Set password protected shared links
  • Turn shared links on/off in a single place 
  • Get auto-generated transcriptions and closed captions on videos
  • Archive projects to Dropbox
  • Send large file transfers (250 GB) with Dropbox Transfer
  • Set due dates for collaborators

We are also happy to say that a lot of the Dropbox engineers and product managers are on the Community, so if you have any feedback, questions, or requests for features you want to see in Replay, please let us know in the comments below! 
6 Replies 6

romanxtk
Helpful | Level 6

I love Dropbox Replay and have been a happy beta-tester since January.

The announcement of the final version is good news, but I'm really concerned about the pricing here.

Users should be aware that they have to pay for an Dropbox upgrade (from Plus till Enterprise) to be then able to pay for the Replay feature on top.

Yeah, the limited Replay function is available for all (including basic/"free") users - up to 4 simultaneous uploads. But why not include the full Replay feature in all paid plans? The current pricing means at least 20€/$ for Dropbox plus + replay - a month.

In my case (and I guess for many other people out there) it will be way more attractive to upgrade to a paid plan if Replay is included.

Just my two cents!

IsaacJR0723
Explorer | Level 3
Need help

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @IsaacJR0723, could you elaborate on the issue you're having so that we can assist further? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Amy
Community Manager

Hi @romanxtk,

Thank you for your feedback. You are correct that a limited version of Replay is now included in all plans. We also made the decision to offer the Replay Add-On, which gives users access to many of our higher value features like autogenerated transcripts and closed captions, due dates, the ability to send large file transfers up to 250 GB with Dropbox Transfer, and more. The add-on also allows us to continue investing in building more advanced features in Replay that users have been requesting. 

If you have any other suggestions on features that you’d like to see to justify the price of the add-on, we’d love to hear from you.

man_of_vision
Explorer | Level 4

I really appreciate the Transcription feature on Replay. However, it would be even better if my clients could access it when I submit a review. There are times when I need them to choose specific sound bites from interviews with their staff members, and they also want to see the transcript. Although I can download it and send them a copy, it would be more convenient and efficient if they could view the transcript as a client. This way, they can highlight the exact words they want me to use and in the correct order. This would be an amazing addition!

Glartique
New member | Level 2
I've just complained about the extra £200 a year for Replay! It's extortionate! I said there needs to be a sliding scale for business sizes. I'm a one-man-band micro business. I'm already paying £199 a year for business premium! I asked to speak to a senior manager. They just said they couldn't give me a loyalty discount and they were the most senior person there. They would "pass on my feedback!" I said it's not feedback it's a genuine concern and complaint. I was told I will pass your feedback on again. NOT IMPRESSED DB!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Glartique New member | Level 2
    man_of_vision Explorer | Level 4
    Amy Community Manager
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    IsaacJR0723 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?