cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish to social media from Dropbox!

Publish to social media from Dropbox!

amandachin
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution
Hello! 

My name is Amanda. My team is building a feature to help users publish videos to their final destination — whether that’s social media, YouTube, your website, or elsewhere. We hear this task is repetitive and tiresome, and you shouldn’t have to waste time downloading and uploading videos to multiple places. 

Starting today, you can publish videos and photos directly from Dropbox to Instagram and Facebook**. Simply open a video or photo on www.dropbox.com, and click "Publish". Soon, we’ll let you schedule posts in advance, and post to YouTube.  

unnamed.jpg

Note: This feature isn’t widely available to all users yet — if you don’t see the Publish button, reply to this thread with “opt-in” and we'll give your account access. 😉

If you’d like to collaborate and help shape the future of this feature, reply with “I’m ok for Dropbox to contact me by email” and we will reach out.

**You must have an Instagram Business account and a Facebook Page to publish from Dropbox. See this article for support.

***Update - this feature has been temporarily postponed and there is no longer an "opt-in" option for it. Thank you for your continued patience.***

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Graham
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to pop in here to wish you all a very Happy New Year and provide you with a quick update on the Publish feature.

As some of you will have noticed, the ability to publish content directly to your social media accounts is not currently available with the Dropbox app. Unfortunately, we have had to postpone this feature for the time being and we no longer have an "opt-in" option for this.

While the work has been postponed, we understand that this feature was extremely valuable for some of you and we are still hopeful that work will continue on it at some point in the future. Right now, we can not say when this will happen, but we will update this thread as soon as we know any more to ensure that you all are the very first to know.

In the meantime, we would love to hear your thoughts on how the Publish feature worked when it was available. Any information provided here could potentially help the team responsible for working on it in the future.

Thanks for your continued patience and have a great day!

Graham

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

Graham
Community Manager
Go to solution

Wow, what an awesome feature! Anyone who has ever used Dropbox for their social media content will absolutely love this. I know from my own personal experience, it can eat up so much time having to download and the re-upload content, especially videos, so this is a real game changer.

I'm also super excited for the ability to schedule posts, so much time is going to be saved! Thanks for sharing @amandachin!

Downunder5170
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm interested in the publish button.

My email is: [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

awoolwine
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

opt in

I had the publish button but now it has disappeared?

thepletts
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

opt-in

amandachin
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have noticed that the Publish button is no longer available and thus you can no longer publish content directly from Dropbox to social media. Unfortunately, we've had to put a hold on this feature, but we are hoping to revisit it again at some point in the future.

I'm really sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, I was as excited about this as all of you. If you did get a chance to use this feature while it was available, you can still reply back on this thread to share feedback. This could be really useful information for the team working on it when it comes to picking up the work again. 

Thanks, and have a great day!

Amanda

carotelfer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

What was the problem? Was it something that changed on Facebook or Instagram? Or did you just find some bugs that needed to be ironed out? 

Somehow I thing it is a losing battle trying to keep up with changes made by meta...

Graham
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @carotelfer,

Thanks for the comment and welcome to the Dropbox Community! In this case, I would imagine there were a number of different factors leading to the work being paused on this particular feature, so we can't really boil it down to one thing. We are hopeful that this work might continue again at some point in the future and all of you here will certainly be the first to know if and when that does happen.

Would you mind me asking, were you using this feature while it was available? If you were, I'd love to hear any feedback you might have on it.

Thanks, and have a great day! 

Graham

carotelfer
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

No, I didn’t know about the feature until I read it here. 
But I’d be sure interested to try it if it gets up and running.

roytheskateboy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

opt in 

I am interested

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Steve 13 New member | Level 2
    Opeechee Explorer | Level 4
    Graham Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?