cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s new: October product updates

What’s new: October product updates

Graham
Community Manager
There are some things that make us nervous during Spooky Season, but Dropbox updates are never scary! Check out the updates below and join the conversation in the comments below! 

Do more with Capture

You’ve definitely heard us talking about our beta product, Dropbox Capture, and how you can use it to share feedback. But now, it’s finally out of beta and available to everyone. Capture lets you clearly say what you mean on your own time. Whether you have a Basic, Plus, or Family plan you can capture up to 2 hours (of 1080p video) per recording (or your storage limit, whichever comes first). And even better, you can edit videos that are up to 5 minutes long. 
Pro, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise accounts get unlimited 4K recordings (up to their storage limit) and video editing. 

Start using Capture today to:

• Reclaim your time: Instantly edit, share, and access your recordings in one place.
  • Make yourself heard: Bring focus and clarity to your message while engaging collaboratively with others on their own time.
  • Build at scale: Create a knowledge database with as many recordings as your storage allows that can be viewed anytime.

We would love to hear about how you plan to use Capture to now that you can make longer videos, and edit it how you would like! 

Any requests? How about file requests! 

Since their introduction, file requests make it easy to collect large files from clients and collaborators—simply and securely. How many times have you known all about a file but someone forgot to add you? 

With this update, any user on a Professional, Standard or Advanced account gets:
  • Password protection: The people uploading files need to input the password beforehand.
  • The ability to resend expired requests: Resend file requests if they have expired.
  • File upload information: View stats around file uploads, such as recipient name, upload status, and number of uploads. 

Set up file requests now and get access to the files you need.

Branded sharing updates to get excited about

If you run a business, you know how important branding can be, and now Dropbox makes it easier to be cohesive. Present yourself professionally by easily managing your brand whenever you share files. With this update, you get:
  • Better brand representation: Add a background image and logo directly on the branding page within account settings.
  • Improved branding previews: Preview shared files and folders with branded backgrounds and logos. 

Set up branded sharing and start sharing today.

There you have it, and we will have some news about eSignature updates too, so keep your eyes peeled! 
1 Reply 1

ruinerking
Helpful | Level 5

How about giving us back the features you have taken away, and a lite version of your software as it is taking an unreasonable amount of resources on my (and everyone else's system) because of this blasted feature-creep. For myself, I don't want anymore features, I just want you to retain the functions you had, and not add anything more. Then I would pay you for your service, gladly. As it is right now I am constantly on the lookout for something that is like dropbox was for the first 5 years or so. SHARED PUBLIC FOLDERS that people can upload to WITHOUT A DROPBOX ACCOUNT. ACTUAL ANONY-MOOSE DROPBOX URL GENERATION AND SHARING, where I can edit WHO HAS ACCESS at a granular level. A CLIENT THAT DOESN'T HAVE 10 instances of DROPBOX.EXE that's using 1.07% of my CPU, 165 threads. It is the MOST RESTRAINED program on my computer by process lasso, being constrained 742 times, which is over 2 times what everything.exe (a better windows search) has, and it is what I use hundreds of times a day to find files in my filesystem. Dropbox hasn't had to do anything in that span of time. Not one file update. Dropbox is now an utter disappointment. I haven't used a single new feature except by accident and the new features always seem to show up as one of the CORE FEATURES of the product is REMOVED. I used to pay for PLUS until all the useful features were removed, I would have to get Professional to get SOME of them back, and the main features I want back don't seem to be available at all anymore. What happened to I click the dropbox icon, and my C:/dropbox file explorer pops up with my files. That is literally ALL I NEED, your basic functions circa 2009. I hate what you've become dropbox. OH AND ONE MORE THING STOP CHANGING YOUR ICON. WHY ON EARTH WOULD you CHANGE HOW YOUR PRODUCT IS RECOGNIZED?!? WHY? Has Nike or Adidas changed their logo? Give me the old blue box with white outlines so I can bloody see it. Now it's all-white, great. Just great. Who knows what it will be next month? Why don't you give me a MELONFARMIN -CHOICE- to retain the old ones? That would be too much customizability?! You sadists WHY CAN'T I USE OLD CLIENTS like USED TO? Dropbox you suck- This can't possibly be making you more money than you would make if you offered a "RETRO dropbox" that was actually useful. I'm waiting for an FOSS solution to come along and whip the llama's ass, but until it does, HERE I COMPLAIN

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ruinerking Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?