cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A member's account seems to be suspended; how can they be added back?

A member's account seems to be suspended; how can they be added back?

achubb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

A member of our team can no longer log in to their Dropbox account, or access Paper. No reason is given on the error message, it just says to contact the administrator. Other members of the team are able to log in, but I can't see where we can manage users. What actions are required to get this user back on the account or at least understand why their account has been suspended? Not sure where to start.

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If their account was suspended, then, they'd need to get in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

They can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into any account, and accessing this link

From there they should be able to contact support. Assuming they have access to their inbox, they would need to enter the same email they use to login to Dropbox. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @achubb, thanks for posting to our Community.

You are all members of a Dropbox Business team, right?

Did the team admin look in the members tab in their admin console to see the state of this member?

The admin can filter the members from the options on the right and, and if this particular member is suspended, they can un-suspend them.

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

achubb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the reply. I don't think we are actually members of a Dropbox Business team currently. Although we may have had it at one point. Would that user only be seeing that message if we were?
Are there any reasons why the user would be suspended otherwise do you know?

Thanks,

Andy

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @achubb, you can see if you're a member of a team but checking this page, or by looking at your current plan.

Do they have any emails in their inbox asking them to join a Dropbox Business team?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

achubb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

They are not on a business plan. My query relates more to the suspension of their account and how that can be resolved. They need to be able to log in and access their files (particularly Dropbox Paper documents). Could you tell me what the course of action is to get this resolved please? The message they receive when trying to log in does not give any indication of why the account was suspended or how to get this suspension removed. I can categorically confirm that this is something that has been initiated by yourselves (Dropbox), so I would like instruction on how to get this resolved.

If you aren't able to provide this, then that is fine. But then, please just clarify so then I can advise on migrating their data out of Dropbox, if they are locked out indefinitely with no reason given.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If their account was suspended, then, they'd need to get in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

They can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into any account, and accessing this link

From there they should be able to contact support. Assuming they have access to their inbox, they would need to enter the same email they use to login to Dropbox. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    achubb Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?