cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Customer Service Access Error

Customer Service Access Error

netsquire
Helpful | Level 6

We have a Dropbox Business Plan with several licenses but the Dropbox customer service website incorrectly says we have a Basic plan and will not let us open an email ticket or show us the telephone number. Everything worked last week when we opened a ticket. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have the Dropbox phone number?

22 Replies 22

Rich
Super User II

@netsquire wrote:

We have a Dropbox Business Plan ... but the Dropbox customer service website ... will not ... show us the telephone number.

With a Business account, you would normally access phone support through the Help section of your Admin console. There is no phone number to call. It's handled via a callback. Have you tried this?

We also use the Dropbox API, which is further proof that we have a paid Business plan.

All accounts have access to the API, including free accounts.

netsquire
Helpful | Level 6

Well, it looks like Dropbox fixed the problem. All the support options are back.

Rich
Super User II

@netsquire wrote:

Well, it looks like Dropbox fixed the problem. All the support options are back.

It appears so. This wasn't an issue specific to you. If I had to guess it was affecting everyone (multiple accounts for me, plus others that I know of) and I brought it to Dropbox's attention this morning and they had someone working on it. I'm on a Professional plan and it was showing Basic for me as well.

Rich
Super User II

@AAN-cit wrote:

I contacted another admin in our org and she's seeing support options at the Dropbox support page. It looks like the problem is just with my account.

I had the same issue with my Professional account, a Business account that I'm an admin on, and I know of other people that had the same issue as well.

It appears to be fixed now so I'd try it again. Make sure you're signed in to your Standard plan and visit the Support page again. You may need to clear your cache/browsing history if you don't see the correct options right away.

netsquire
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for getting this fixed Rich!

vvsstein
Explorer | Level 4

Mine says the right Dropbox plan, but no contact options. How can a company have NO way of contacting them? Considering another provider if this isn't resolved before the weekend.

Laureline
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

@netsquire and @AAN-cit Apologies on our behalf, there was indeed an error on the support page that prevented you to contact us. 

Thanks to your report, and to @Rich's help (as usual 🤜🤛), we reverted this change and everything should be back to normal. 

Let us know on this thread if you are having any more issues - I'll keep a close eye on it to make sure nothing is broken. 

@vvsstein You should be able to see your options to contact support here, could you check? If you don't, please add a screenshot here so we can troubleshoot. Thanks 😊

vvsstein
Explorer | Level 4

YESSSS 😁😀😁

AAN-cit
Explorer | Level 4

Confirming that it works for me now, too.

robin712
New member | Level 2

I've been on a paid plan for years (Plus), got a message yesterday that I was downgraded to Basic (not sure what happened there). Consequently, I can't access customer support for help with this problem. Desperately need my Plus account back and I've exhausted all avenues available to me for assistance.

Need more support?