cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox size on Desktop is smaller than Dropbox size online

Dropbox size on Desktop is smaller than Dropbox size online

NAK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

With Dropbox Basic, I recieved an alert saying my dropbox is full -all 8.25 GB are used.

But when I check my Dropbox file on my desktop it's size is 1.89 GB.
All folders are marked to sync so I can't find a logical explenation for this & my Dropbox won't sync because it claims to be full...

Thanks for your help!

11 Replies 11

NAK
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thanks for you response.
I do have the latest version & I practically went through all my folders to make sure & there are no syncing problems.
Non the less, there is a big difference in size between the size Dropbox says is used in my account as apossed to the size I see when I check the size. Since I don't have any way to check sizes in Dropbox online, it is impossible to identify the source of the problem.
Is it possible folders that are shared with me but that I did not add to my Dropbox, take up space on my Dropbox?
If not, I cannot think of any other reason...
Is it possible to check what is the issue?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey NAK

I can sure help! 

The best way for me to investigate this case would be to have a look at your account. Could you please open a new ticket with us and let me know a ticket ID in your reply? On the support request, could you include a screenshot of the space that you have used on your account online and a second one grabbing the "info" of the Dropbox folder by right-clicking on it (or going to "Properties" if you are on a Windows device)? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    NAK Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?