cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud - account charged without permition or upgrade

Fraud - account charged without permition or upgrade

Vedran111
Explorer | Level 4
Hi,
On the 22 March, my account was charged 119,88€ which was not made or approved by me. I have a basic plan of 2GB and last time I used my account was 9 years ago.

I checked and it seems that I am still on a basic plan of 2GB. Since I did not approve this transaction or was given an upgrade, I do not understand why I was charged?

Can anyone please help!!!
4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox cannot process a payment unless somebody has put your details in to Dropbox's systems. Its simply impossible. So, if you are sure it wasnt you then you need to contact your bank to say your card is compromised, get it stopped and a new one issued. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Vedran111
Explorer | Level 4
I did not authorise any charge. The charge was made over paypal. I contacted paypal and they said that there was no unauthorized use.

Mark
Super User II

So PayPal are saying that you did it. If you didnt you need to go back to them because your account is at risk - if they are buying things here they are going to do it elsewhere. 

If you DID do it then you need to follow https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

mlaurie82
New member | Level 2

This literally just happened to me. I changed the dispute to services not received through PayPal and it should take 5 days to review. Have you had any luck with your situation? My acccount was inactive at the time I was charged. Logging in shows a basic plan. I think DropBox is scamming people based on the amount of comments on their own community board with the same issue. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mlaurie82 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Vedran111 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?