cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting charged every month but I never signed up for a subscription. How can I stop the charges

Getting charged every month but I never signed up for a subscription. How can I stop the charges?

New member | Level 2

Help! I need a phone number for customer support, I keep getting a charge for $18.07 every month, I don’t know what email was used because this is fraud on my card! I never signed up for this account, I have no use for it. I need these charges to stop!

55 Replies 55

Pumpkaboo
Explorer | Level 4
Hi, so I keep getting charged 19.99 from Dropbox when it says I have a free account. I saw the option to “chat” a message to Dropbox but I don’t feel comfortable giving out my card information like it asks. Is there any way I can talk to someone to get this resolved and stop the billing please? Thank you for any help!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @1638309 & @Pumpkaboo - sorry to hear about this.

Have you by any chance tried using our self served look up tool to identify the email address that's associated with the charges in question?

If you did and need further assistance on this, you could contact our support team through this form.

Just make sure to use an incognito window without signing into any Dropbox account and fill out all the relevant information along with an email address we can reach you at.

I hope this helps a tad.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rich
Super User II

@1638309 wrote:

... this is fraud on my card! I never signed up for this account, I have no use for it. I need these charges to stop!

Also remember that Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

lindsaybrooksbender
New member | Level 2

The EXACT same thing is happening to me. I never signed up for a dropbox paid- level account and have been charged $19.99 every month for almost a year. When I enter in my transaction numbers and last 4 of CC number into their billing support tool it doesn't show any record of these transactions. 

HELP!

lindsaybrooksbender
New member | Level 2

I have tried filling out the form- it loops you back to the main support page. Using your 'Transaction Look-up' tool via support page AND my account shows ZERO payment history... yet I get charged every single month. There is no one to help me. This is illegal! 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lindsaybrooksbender, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Based on the amount you mentioned, it sounds like a Dropbox Professional subscription.

Do you remember creating a Professional trial at some point maybe, that could have renewed to a paid subscription?

And are those credit card payments or are you being charged through iTunes?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Marcia Lynn
New member | Level 2

I have been charged $11.99 every month since 2015 and just realized I only have a FREE account on Dropbox.  This is fraud and conveniently they don't have humans you can contact to discuss repairing this mess and refunding me alot of money!  After viewing this chat section, it seems to be a very common problem.  Maybe Dropbox needs to be investigated?    I've asked for a phone call or email but I'm just getting   "crickets".  What are other victims doing about this?  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Marcia Lynn, thanks for commenting here.

The thing here is that we cannot charge you, unless you give us your billing info.

From our experience with this kind of situation, usually the case is that a user might have created and upgraded a different account and then forgot about it.

Another common case is when someone creates and upgrades an account for their work and then leaves that job and forgets to cancel the subscription.

Basically, in most cases, it's a different account that either the user forgot they had or someone else is using.

Have you used our lookup tool to see which account you've been paying for?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jdavis2023
New member | Level 2

I received a charge on my credit card statement.  I do not have a paid plan with Dropbox.  I do not know what this charge is for.  I have tried to use the card lookup tool but that isn't working.  

I would really like to speak with someone about this issue but, since I do not have a paid plan (even though I was charged), I am only left with a bot or message board.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Need more support?