cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me add current payment to my account.

Help me add current payment to my account.

mcln7d
Explorer | Level 4

Hi!

I feel like such a newbie. I have been paying for DropBox $19.99 membership and am getting emails to my person email. I use it for work and we change my work email and it is now asking me to upgrade my account because I have the basic membership. The next step up is only $11.99/mo and I can't get ahold of anyone to help me add this current payment to my account. Is my request making sense? Any help would be amazing!

11 Replies 11

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mcln7d, let's jump right into this! 

If I understand things right, it seems you already have a paid Dropbox account. 

However, it's not entirely clear to me, if you wish to transfer your existing payment, to your new account, or if you wish to upgrade the account with the same plan you have on your old one, from scratch. 

Would you mind clarifying, in order for me to provide you with the correct next steps? 

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mcln7d
Explorer | Level 4
Hi! Thanks for the reply!

I’m still confused too. I signed up with my email and have been charged $20 a month but now it is asking me to upgrade and I don’t know how to link my accounts? And says I’m out of data which doesn’t make sense. Am I making sense? Lol I am trying to combine them. Bc now I’m wondering if I have been paying for nothing

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mcln7d, it sounds like you're using two different Dropbox accounts, both of them individual ones. 

If you wish to know more about merging the content between these two accounts, see Rich's response here

Thanks!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

mcln7d
Explorer | Level 4
I want to transfer my current plan to my new one. It’s funny, I’m not quite sure how the issue happened. Do you need me to provide my emails? I’m sorry if I’m confusing

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mcln7d , currently, it isn't possible to transfer a payment to another account. If you want, you can swap your emails around by using a third email as a go-between to do so.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

mcln7d
Explorer | Level 4
Okay! I’ll have to play around with it. It’s funny, I wouldn’t even know how to cancel my current account bc the email which I thought it was tied to clearly isn’t working. Thank you for your help

mcln7d
Explorer | Level 4
How do I cxl a membership if I don’t have access to that email and it was deleted. I think that’s what happened

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mcln7d, even if the email address linked to your Dropbox account was deleted, provided that you still remember the password, you should be able to sign into the account.

If you can't receive the security email from us, or can't remember the password in order to do so, we can contact you, in order to help you with the cancellation of your plan.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

mcln7d
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Megan. I don’t have access to that email anymore bc it was deleted by my work bc they changed everything so it’s not even a working email anymore. Are you able to help send me that 6 digit code or assist with deleting it? Sorry for being so complicated!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mcln7d Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?