cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Samsung Promotion

I haven't received my Samsung promotional space?

Wylberth G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I didn´t receive my 48GB, why? I need help!

213 Replies 213

Simone P.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

@Rich R.

It is now my second Samsung device within 2 years. You explain to @Chanaka:..., even if you buy a second device.

This is now my second brand new Samsung device! I expected that is working with the upgrading the storage when i run the new device. It doesn`t works. If it`s not working so i'm gonna find other solutions to store my datas...

Thanks a lot for your perfect support

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

now I dont know what to do with 40 GB of files .. will they stay on dropbox? or they will be deleted ?

Your files will not be deleted. You won't be able to sync if you're over quota, but your files will still be accessible.

Pascal & Essie
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have 48 gb space of my Note2 till 13 januari 2016, i bought a new Note4 on the 27-okt-2015 and ik installed dropbox and get a message that i get 48 gb again. Now i can;t see the extra 48 gb or the extended date till 2018?

I hope to hear from you soon

Samsung + Dropbox Samsung-actie 13/1/2014 48 GB voor 24 maanden >
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Pascal,

You cannot use the Samsung Promotion several time.

If you already used it - then you won't be able to benefit again from this promotion and get the 48GB.

I hope this information helps 🙂

Alain D.13
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Many people want to have the 48GB, but I rather seeks to get rid of it now , knowing that it's limited and the inconvenience that this will create.
Are there was a way to get back with my original quota of 2GB?

Ezequiel G.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I SEE... SO I HAD A SAMSUNG PHONE, AND A DROPBOX PROMO, AND I WAS SATISFIED. HAPPY WITH BOTH THINGS.

NOW I RENEWED MY PHONE, BUT NOWHERE -VISIBLE- WAS I ADVISED THAT I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO RENEW THE DROPBOX PROMO...

THANK GOD I WAS ALREADY MIGRATING TO ANOTHER CHEAPER AND BETTER SERVICE, CAUSE I REALLY FEEL SCAMMED... NOT SURE IF BY DROPBOX, SAMSUNG OR BOTH.

BYE.

Colin S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi

I currently have a 48GB promotion that is due to end on the 12th Nov, I have just bought a new samsung phone that gave me the 50GB promotion. On previous posts you have said that you can only use a specific promotion once. As this is a 50GB promotion, will this kick in to affect when my 48GB promotion ends?

I have had new promotions in the past from Dropbox when I've upgraded my phone, they have always worked fine.

Thanks

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I have just bought a new samsung phone that gave me the 50GB promotion.

It's still a 48GB bonus. The 50GB mentioned is the 2GB you start off with plus the 48GB bonus.

will this kick in to affect when my 48GB promotion ends?

No. It's still a Samsung promotion and you can only claim it once.

I have had new promotions in the past from Dropbox when I've upgraded my phone, they have always worked fine.

If they were from different manufacturers then the bonuses can still be applied, but only once per manufacturer. You can claim one Samsung, then one HTC, etc. It's based on manufacturer; not bonus size.

Zuhey A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Okay so my account is about to expire after gaving it for 2 years. So far I've used 67% of my 54GB now they sent me a message qlregarding my expiring account. They said they would reduce to 10 GB so if I hit those 10 GB will they delete the rest of my pictures?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

if I hit those 10 GB will they delete the rest of my pictures?

No, your pictures will not be deleted. Your account will simply stop syncing until you're back below your quota, or you upgrade. Your files will remain accessible in your account.

Need more support?