cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't received my Samsung promotional space?

I haven't received my Samsung promotional space?

Wylberth G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I didn´t receive my 48GB, why? I need help!

213 Replies 213

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Cindy: The promotion is only valid for the first account to log in to the device, and bonus space cannot be transferred to another account. I'm sorry, but there's no way to change it to your personal account.

@Huy: Have you met all the other eligibility requirements? e.g. Dropbox came pre-installed on the device; your carrier is participating in the promotion; etc. See here:

Huy T.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dear Rich R,

yes, Dropbox cam pre-installed on my device. And it should work with my carrier, since a friend of mine has got the Promotion with the same Device and carrier 😞 

Or does it work for Dropbox Newcomers only.. ? Would be sad 😞 Because I really thought to get this promotion if I get myself a new Samsung Smartphone 😞

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you completed the remaining steps needed to earn the bonus? If you haven't already, please read the entire help article that I linked to above, specifically, where it states the following:

After you receive this email you just need to complete five steps of the Get Started guide for that account to redeem the space

Niklas R.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

You sent me an e-mail that my Samsung S4 bonus expires. I bought a new Samsung S5 with dropbox preinstalled. Why didn´t I recieve a renewal of the bonusspace. At the moment I use both phones. 

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Niklas!

Unfortunately, promotions of the same type can't be 'stacked' on one account. You can only redeem the Samsung promotion once, and it seems that you already used it with your account.

Huy T.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

"

Rich R. 

Have you completed the remaining steps needed to earn the bonus? If you haven't already, please read the entire help article that I linked to above, specifically, where it states the following:

After you receive this email you just need to complete five steps of the Get Started guidefor that account to redeem the space

"

Hi Rich, 

thanks for replying!
so in other words I have to do the five steps again? Because I already did them to get my HTC 3GB promotion gift many years ago.

should I for expample uninstall dropbox and download it again and repeat all the steps witch my new SAMSUNG Smartphone? These steps are already marked as checked and green 😞

Michelle D.20
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi there,

My dropbox promotion space of 48GB will end next week. If I do not upgrade to dropbox pro - can I still access my dropbox files, pictures etc? I understand I cannot save additional - but want to make sure I can still access the files that is already saved to dropbox. Is there a time limit in which dropbox will hold my files and then delete them?

Thanks

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hey Michelle,

I replied to this question at the beginning of the thread:

"So, Dropbox *never* deletes your files.

Even if your free space expires, your pictures will still be on your Dropbox account.

The only difference is that you won't be able to upload new one, as long as you'll be over quota.

To be able to sync files again, you will have to delete the files that make you over quota, or to upgrade to a paying subscription, like Dropbox Pro."

So, the reply to your question is yes, you'll still be able to access your files.

Have a nice day!!

Hadass A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi!

My dropbox account has 24.9 GB. About three weeks ago I have connected my dropbox account to my Samsung mobile and got extra space of 48 GBP (via Samsung promotion). Today, when I tried to get into my dropbox folder, I noticed that my space reduced to 24.9 GBP and my folder is completely full. What should I do to get my space back?

Thanks!

andrea t.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a question...in my dropbox is the next message " promoting 48GB of Dropbox you received with your Samsung device expires in 30 days ..... "

When this happens , I'll lose the files that I have in my Dropbox account?.Should I make a backup before this happens?

Thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Juan Antonio A. New member | Level 1
    Richard P. Super User alumni
    Miguel B.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?