cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I've had a paid plan and been charged, Dropbox only thinks I'm Basic and won't let me access ...

I've had a paid plan and been charged, Dropbox only thinks I'm Basic and won't let me access help

goemonburo
Explorer | Level 3

Pretty angry at this screw-up by Dropbox:  I've had a recurring subscription via my phone's Google account for years, and as of two days ago, Dropbox has switched me to Basic.  GOOGLE successfully charged me $127 for my subscription though.  But I'm locked out of the paid help that I should be getting and locked out of the subscription benefits.  And I'm pretty livid that Dropbox has made it so incredibly difficult to actually get _real_ help.  The bot is useless, just keeps pointing me to the Basic stuff (and asking me for credit card info, which won't work because I'm subscribed through Google).

If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.  Ideally, I'd love to have Dropbox figure their @$#% out and treat customers like they matter rather than make them hop through hours of automated hoops only to get nowhere.

18 Replies 18

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @SamWill2000, sorry to hear about this.

Just to clarify, can you use the lookup tool to identify the email address that's associated with your charge?

Is it an exact match with the one you see in your account's settings online?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

SamWill2000
New member | Level 2

Hey Walter, tried using the Lookup tool but it none of the numbers on my invoice would work, it has the email I'm using on the receipt though and it's in my inbox for that email so I don't know how it would be for any other email

Walter
Dropbox Staff

In that case, may we reach out via email to have a further look internally @SamWill2000?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

SamWill2000
New member | Level 2

Yes of course, thanks Walter, do you need my email or have you got it already?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Yeah no worries @SamWill2000 - I've just sent you an email to the email address that's linked to your profile here, on our Community.

At your convenience, please have a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

goemonburo
Explorer | Level 3

@SamWill2000 Your issue is totally different, would be nice if you'd made it a separate thread so that I'm not tagged in each of these replies.  Just for the future, it's good "forum form" to do that.  Thanks. 

SamWill2000
New member | Level 2

I've paid for a business plan, £57 monthly, the payment has been taken from my bank account and I've received a receipt in my email. For some reason I couldn't log in this morning and it keeps saying that I've only got the basic personal pack, I tried to get assistance here but just got palmed off, tried to tell me my email and payment card were wrong but the receipt stated it was the email I said it was and the charge came out of the one and only card I have, am getting quite frustrated and just want to use the services I have paid for or have my money refunded.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to see that you're having this issue, @SamWill2000.

If you're paying directly through your credit card, can you first try our payment lookup tool?

This will show you the email address associated with the paid account.

Is it the one you're already signed into, or another one? If it's different, that means you have a second Dropbox account.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SamWill2000
New member | Level 2

Hey Hannah, thanks very much, I've sorted the problem now so no need 

Need more support?