cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 2nd account unlinked itself

My 2nd account unlinked itself

PhotogrOfer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I have 2 linked accounts. one personal and another one which I believe is a (free) business account - I opened it years ago, and I have a folder named "[my businedd] Team Folder" that has some sample projects in it.

Today I opened Dropbox on my home computer, and then the 2nd account unlinked itself on all my devices, including my android.

Now I can't sign back into it without sign out of my personal account. Whenever I'm trying to sign in as linked account I get a message said: "Sign in to a team account".

Please help me to solve this out and to re-have my 2 accounts linked.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@PhotogrOfer wrote:

Today I opened Dropbox on my home computer, and then the 2nd account unlinked itself on all my devices ... Please help me to solve this out and to re-have my 2 accounts linked.

Dropbox has ended support for free teams, which allowed two accounts to be linked. The only way to link two accounts and have them both sync to a computer is with a paid Business account.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@PhotogrOfer wrote:

Today I opened Dropbox on my home computer, and then the 2nd account unlinked itself on all my devices ... Please help me to solve this out and to re-have my 2 accounts linked.

Dropbox has ended support for free teams, which allowed two accounts to be linked. The only way to link two accounts and have them both sync to a computer is with a paid Business account.

PhotogrOfer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Rich wrote:

@PhotogrOfer wrote:

Hi @Rich,

Sorry to hear that... ‌‌☹️.

Anyway, thank you for the answer!

ADRDan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

E' accaduto anche a me due giorni fa (19 aprile 2022), e non ho avuto ancora nessun supporto o spiegazione da Dropbox...

Riesco a collegarmi sul Desktop solo con l'account gratuito ma non con il mio account a Dropbox Plus che ho pagato!

Come posso mettere su Desktop due accessi separati a due account diversi a Dropbox? Quello "Personale" è il gratuito e "Lavoro" è l'account a Dropbox Plus che non riesco più ad aprire e sincronizzare con le cartelle sul computer.

Grazie a chi può aiutarmi a "recuperare" l'accesso a Dropbox "Lavoro".

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Ehi @ADRDan, grazie per il commento qui.

Come ha menzionato Rich nella sua risposta sopra, tutto ciò è accaduto, a causa della fine del supporto per i team liberi.

Al momento, puoi collegare un account di lavoro e un account personale allo stesso computer, se uno di loro è un team Dropbox Business a pagamento.

Una soluzione alternativa potrebbe essere quella di creare un secondo account utente sul computer, installare Dropbox lì e collegare il tuo account di lavoro.

Se lo desideri, puoi anche scollegare/uscire dall'account personale e quindi accedere a quello di lavoro, per accedervi.

------

Hey @ADRDan, thanks for the comment here.

As Rich mentioned in his reply above, this all happened, due to the end of support for free teams.

At the moment, you can only link a work and a personal account to the same computer, if one of them is a paid Dropbox Business team.

A workaround could be to create a second user account on the computer, install Dropbox there and link your work account.

If you want though, you can also unlink/sign out of the personal account and then sign in to your work one, to access it.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ADRDan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Grazie Hannah,

ho già provato la prima soluzione (creare un secondo account utente sul computer, installare Dropbox lì e collegare il tuo account di lavoro) purtroppo prende l'account già installato, il "Personale", e quando apro in cluod l'account Dropbox Plus "Lavoro" dopo pochi minuti entra in "conflitto" e dà un messaggio di errore bloccandosi.

Ieri ho aperto una richiesta di supporto, ma per l'intenso traffico di richieste i tempi di risposta si allungano, così ha risposto Dropbox.

Oggi proverò la seconda soluzione che hai suggerito ma non mi sembra giusto che un utente debba rinunciare di fatto ad un account sul desktop.

Brutta figura di Dropbox verso i propri clienti paganti...

Daniele

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ADRDan Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    PhotogrOfer New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?