cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for upgraded service but Dropbox says my storage is full at 34 GB

Paying for upgraded service but Dropbox says my storage is full at 34 GB

alpinesteve
Explorer | Level 3

Help!  I have been paying for an upgraded account ($119.98 annually), but Dropbox tells me I have exceeded my limit at 34.5GB.  But I can't contact customer support to ask somebody to fix this.   I have a project I need to be working on, but not able to start because I'm in limbo with no storage available in spite of having paid for the past 5 years.  I renew in May and want to get this straightened out before then.

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @alpinesteve, thanks for posting this on our forum!

Is there any chance that your subscription is linked to another Dropbox account that’s tied to a different email address than the one you see here

Have you checked your bank statement to see if there’s a 12-digit transaction ID linked to your charges? If there’s one showing, I’d like you to visit this page and check which email address your last payment is linked to. 

Let me know what you find.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

alpinesteve
Explorer | Level 3

This is what the bank shows for that most recent transaction:

[removed]

It certainly is possible that this is linked to a second account.  That would make sense.  But every time I try to log in with a possible second email account, Dropbox defaults to the one that now shows no upgrade.  I would be happy to kill whatever account this is and just upgrade the one that keeps showing up so I can get on with the things I need to be doing.  If I did that, is there any way to transfer whatever files are there?  BTW, is it possible we could communicate by email?  My best email would be [personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines].  I don't get any notification when you post to this forum.  Thanks.

Steve

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info here, @alpinesteve.

You should be able to either sign out of your current account first and then sign in to the second one, or better yet, try opening a different browser or a private browsing (Incognito) window, to sign in to the second account.

If you find out your second account is not the paid one, let us know and we will send you an email, to investigate.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    alpinesteve Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?