cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to apply discount code for additional storage space

Unable to apply discount code for additional storage space

bebarlow
Explorer | Level 3

I recently renewed my Quicken account subscription and was given a discount code for 5GB space in Dropbox.  However, when I click on the link provided by Quicken, Dropbox doesn't have a space to enter the code to receive the additional space to my existing basic account.  Any attempt on the site to locate help is futile.  Anyone else use any discount codes successfully?

13 Replies 13

Mark
Super User II

Have you gone to www.dropbox.com/coupon ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bebarlow
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, and it wouldn't recognize the offer.  I am not tech savvy, but I can see that I must not be in the correct location to link the discount to my account.

Mark
Super User II

That is the correct location. 

Why is it not accepting the code? We need more info here.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bebarlow
Explorer | Level 3

2023-01-03 (2).png

This is the screen that Quicken generated.  That is all I have to share from that side.  When I click on the embedded link, and add the code shown I get an error code saying that the code has already been used.  How is that possible if this is a code they had just sent to me moments before and my account doesn't reflect the 5GB storage volume?  I have the basic 2GB still reflected on my account.

Mark
Super User II

You need to go back to Quicken and tell them this - it is very, very common that they issue codes which have already been used. This isnt a Dropbox fault its a Quicken one. 

bebarlow
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you.  Will do and post results when/if I get any.

Bookmarc
New member | Level 2

I have recently (january 20, 2023) the same issue with my bonus 5gb coupon offer from Quicken.  I received the bonus offer from Quicken last year with my annual membership.  I input it into my dropbox account and i have been able to use the additional space for almost a year. My current quicken membership is good until April 2023.   for some reason dropbox is telling me that i know longer have the bonus 5gb.  They are asking me to upgrade.  when i tried to access/reinput my Quicken bonus code i get the same error saying that I have already used the code.  when i go to the 'refer a friend' section on my dropbox account it tells me that the process has only completed 6 out of 7 steps. ?????

And on top of all that I tried speaking to Quicken before i posted this. Quicken tried everything and told me that my code should still be working. Quicken does not know why it is not and told me to contact Dropbox support, because it is a Dropbox issue. 

So what do i do??? I would like to have access to my bonus 5gb that i have already been using all year.  Thanks, Marc

Screen Shot 2023-01-28 at 1.18.45 PM.png

bebarlow
Explorer | Level 3

I was finally able to get the free DROPBOX storage by calling the Quicken Help Tech Support guys.  They reached back out to DROPBOX and got a new coupon code.  Once entered my account immediately reflected the addition. Took an hour on the phone though with the guy.  But to his credit he kept after the DROPBOX people until they supplied a legitimate code.  Try calling 650-250-1900 and see if they can get you your promised storage.

Bookmarc
New member | Level 2

thanks for your info - but i already mentioned that I tried getting assistance from quicken support.  I used the online chat and got a real tech support. he tried to trouble shoot the issue and eventually said he could not give me a  new code.  FYI - you say that the code should come from Dropbox, but that makes no sense as the bonus discount code to use an additional 5gb of dropbox space is issued by Quicken (not dropbox).   Also, I live in Canada and I do not have long distance discount rates to call the use (650) (california) so i can not use the number you provided.  that's why i used the online chat.  the Quicken tech support was able to 'share' my screen and after about 30 mins, he just said 'sorry'  you have to go back to Dropbox - it's their issue not ours. 

very frustrated 😞

Need more support?