cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to apply discount code for additional storage space

Unable to apply discount code for additional storage space

bebarlow
Explorer | Level 3

I recently renewed my Quicken account subscription and was given a discount code for 5GB space in Dropbox.  However, when I click on the link provided by Quicken, Dropbox doesn't have a space to enter the code to receive the additional space to my existing basic account.  Any attempt on the site to locate help is futile.  Anyone else use any discount codes successfully?

13 Replies 13

bebarlow
Explorer | Level 3

I ran into that answer the first go-round.  I called again and finally got the guy who actually cared and knew it was on Dropbox's end as they have to be the ones to add in the storage--not Quicken.  That makes total sense as Quicken does not have access to the Dropbox accounts.  It's like a coupon coming in the mail for something...it has to be honored by the 'parent' company.  That said, the guy I spoke with shared my screen and we did all the potential options he could think of.  He reached out to his supervisor who also said it was on Dropbox's end.  Then he called them and didn't take their initial attempt to pass it back to Quicken.  That is when they caved and gave him a new coupon number.  I don't have that new coupon code as it was entered while we were screen sharing.  When I refreshed my screen, I found the increase to my storage posted. 

As for being in Canada, there are some restrictions to offers, but if it was on your renewal, etc., then you should be eligible for it.  Maybe there is a toll-free number you can call initially to get someone to call you from tech support on their dime??  Sorry I can't help you more.

bebarlow
Explorer | Level 3

The reason I suggested you go back to Quicken Support is that you have some reasonable access to them through either online or phone.  Dropbox is a whole different story.

Bookmarc
New member | Level 2

Hi again - well i actually went back to Quicken Support (using online chat).  I think Quicken used to provide a 1-800 type number but it is gone now.

After getting a very helpful 'quicken support' guy this time and after about 20 mins or so, he came back to me with a new 'coupon code'.  And yup like you said, I input into my account and voila! it worked YAY!  This time quicken support was very helpful.  So I got my extra 5gb bonus back.

that said, I do appreciate your time on the Dropbox community. you were very helpful too.

have a great day!

thanks

bebarlow
Explorer | Level 3

TERRIFIC!!!   For my own information I just tried to find a phone number for DROPBOX.  HA HA HA...everything but on the site that I could find.  Some of these companies are a lot of bait and switch operations! 

Hope your storage sticks with you for life as they told me mine would.  Time will tell.

Tenacity is the key in these matters.

Have a great evening.

Need more support?