cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is a 2TB Dropbox option really too much to ask?

Will there be a 2 TB option for personal accounts?

D C.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am running out of space with my 1TB drive. Is there an option to get 2TB? I know about Dropbox for business, with 5 Tb, but the price is just not compatible with my needs. It is too big a jump from 1Tb price to minimum of 5 users at $ 15 each.

70 Replies 70

Peter C.97
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I totally agree. I can't see how there is such a thing as a one person 1T "PRO" and then off it goes into 5 person all you can eat business. So do I wait until I hire four more people?

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all

Thanks for your feedback here. Peter has hit the nail - we currently do not offer something between 'individual Pro' and Business 'starting point' (which is a min. of 5 seats). 

I'm passing this on internally to the team. In the meanwhile an alternative would be to use 2 Pro accounts (not ideal, I know).

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sander K.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Ed, if I could set up 2 Dropboxes linked - I would. But I can only sync one at a time?

The way I use my Dropbox is as a redirect for my Windows user profile folders; so my My Documents, My Pictures etc. all point to the same folders in Dropbox, so that across my Windows devices, I have a 100% synced set of data - that wouldn't work with 2 Dropboxes!

As we have all said, we'd pay double the price for double the storage - if it was a single Dropbox Pro! 🙂

Stephan K.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

If necessary I would even be willing to pay TRIPLE for double the storage, but not septuple for Dropbox for Business!

Mark M.68
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Exactly the same issue here. I would happily pay for each Tb but have no need for business package. This is a crazy business decision for them. Trouble is I need it now, so the alternative is to move away, which I don't want to do.

Come on Dropbox, listen to your users!

Stephan K.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi Mark, I had the same issue and moved to Sync.com a week ago - and so far, I couldn't be happier! 2TB of storage, end-to-end-encryption, a Dropbox-like "feel" and all that at just $98!

Augie I.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have sang Dropbox praises for years - told and sold so many people on it.  Dropbox is the defacto standard for cloud storage!  No system I've tried works better.  (I even continue to pay Dropbox for 1Tb storage when I have 1Tb FREE with Microsoft OneDrive - because MS just couldn't work with all my data, syncs were a mess, conflicts everywhere, extra layers of "uploader services," etc.)  WHY does a single power user with years (every year we make more data) of home, work & academic data somehow have to buy a "business" plan with multiple seats?  You have customers willing to send you more money for more space - without the bells and whistles of the business plan.  I'm sorry, but you are forcing me to look for another solution.  This is just bad business, and sad for a loyal customer, Dropbox.

Dubs
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Considering that physical storage media seems to double itself each year, I really don't understand why Dropbox doesn't evolve the same way. 1TB hard drives are becoming cheaper and cheaper as every year goes by.

As 4K/8K media rolls its way onto the internet, there will be an inherent need for additional storage, that's just all there is to it. It's really not a question of IF it will happen, but when.

As a Pro user, I would love nothing more than to wake up and find an extra TB tacked onto my account at no extra cost. For as much as the Pro user pays, and the fact that their competitors are offering more space for the same price, this kind of treatment is way overdue. 

They may have changed their pricing since, but IDrive has offered 2TB for less than 5$/month. At that rate we're paying double for half as much, just because Dropbox is brand name.

Marc D.6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ditto! I would cancel my 1TB Google Drive subscription if I could have just 1 more terabyte with dropbox!

kevinohlsson
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Kudos

Need more support?