cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: Please add 2tb option!!!

Will there be a 2 TB option for personal accounts?

D C.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am running out of space with my 1TB drive. Is there an option to get 2TB? I know about Dropbox for business, with 5 Tb, but the price is just not compatible with my needs. It is too big a jump from 1Tb price to minimum of 5 users at $ 15 each.

70 Replies 70

kevinohlsson
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I switched to GSuite and Amazon Cloud Drive, both offer unlimited storage.

www . c.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

coool, thanks

Sunflyer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I was realy begging Dropbox support for 2TB (and to pay for it).

Their offer to make 2 accounts with 1TB each or to make the 5TB contract is no option.

They are crazy enough to refuse customers requests and argue that Dropbox is too big to be flexible.

Fortunately customers are flexible.

I found Livedrive offering 2TB at the same price as the 1TB Dropbox.

Ergo, byby Dropbox

adrianomartins
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I run my own 1 person business and I've been asking dropbox for more than 1TB for a long time.

I have a 1 person organization, it's a shame that dropbox doesn't come up with Dropbox Business for 1 user only.

MrTek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is really killing. And now I'm using hacked software to run 2 dropbox instances on my desktop to get the 2TB worth of space that I so desperately need.

Get your life together Dropbox.

Dubs
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I manage two accounts from the web browser. If they aren't willing to extend storage, they should at least create useful tools like an online de-duper or something. Cloud computing should be getting cheaper, and I think that's what I find so disappointing; that there is no real innovation happening, at least not on the home user side.

They recently renamed the Pro service, redesigned the website, and on top of keeping things generally safe (afaik), that's about all they have done in a 5-year span. Was looking forward to Project Infinite, but the kernel privileges are not a good idea. I don't know why they can't just follow odrive on this one.

janelaing
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Why on earth do you have to move to Dropbox for Business ($45 per month!!!) if you want more than 1TB with Dropbox Plus?!?!? This costs 5 times more than dropbox plus!

I have ALWAYS used dropbox and love it - but now I need more than 1TB but I am a student and there is NO WAY I could afford Dropbox Business. I would be more than happy to pay double for 2TB instead of 1TB - but Dropbox says they wont do this.

So unfortunately now I am looking at moving to Google Drive as they have 2TB option.

Very sad and disappointed I can't do this with dropbox.

vinid223
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I agree with what you say and something that I don't like too is that there is no lower rates than the 1TB for thoses who doesn't need the 1TB but more like 100, 200 and so on.

I think they should add a pay for use service that if you need 50 GB you pay for 50 and if you need more you just upgrade and if you need less you can just lower the rate. So that way they can get more users that doesn't want to pay a fortune for space and a more affordable one.

janelaing
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes I completely agree with you vinid223 - unfortunately they are going to lose customers because of this. Last night I moved to Google Drive and will no longer be paying to use Dropbox because of them not having any option over 1TB (other than business).

wesbright
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox PMs, 

Fellow PM here who's a fan. You've built an amazing product.  It just works.  I know how difficult that is, so thank you.

And, as another customer who's hit the 1TB ceiling, it's not clear  why there isn't a compelling offer when you go over 1TB.  At 1TB, I'm a happy customer.  Price and value are aligned.  At 1.01TB, it's just absurd.   

I cannot justify paying a 350% increase for the next tier of the same service. 

And while I'm not leaving Dropbox, I'm placing files elsewhere to stay below 1TB.  

Do you want to penalize the users who really use (and evangelize) your service?  Do you want them to experience your competitors' products, not because they don't like yours but because your pricing model makes it infeasible to stay exclusively with you?   

Again, you guys get a lot of things right.  I hope this will be another one to put into the win column for you and your customers. 

Need more support?